Greetings UG community! I'm up for some help and tips yet again. I've been thinking of which one of these two amps would be better for my use and can't really come to conclusion. A Marshall VS230 demo I found on YouTube sounded so great to my ear, however I didn't find much reviews on the amp itself.
Marshall 8080 then is a more known option though I've heard it's cleans aren't so good and I am looking for a kind of versatile amp which can do both and these two just screamed for checking them up.

So in conclusion, which one do you think would be better overall? I have also a few pedals and more to come so more pedal-friendlier, the better.
And would also like to know your opinion on which would be better for ambient/shoegaze type of music?

Thanks a lot for all the help I can get! You could also suggest some amps though my budget is very limited, maximum 200€ but minimum 90€.
Pedals once again are a top priority, thanks.
amp needs to be a priority over pedals. think of the amp like a cake and pedals like frosting. if the cake is crap who cares how good the frosting is.  both of those amps are solid state with a single tube, the 8080 being an older model. if you are looking for a versatile amp then forget those as they don't excell at cleans or dirt.  what kind of music are you playing? 
I play mainly shoegaze and sometimes ambient. Sometimes I also play just casual rock, but the one I mentioned first is the top priority. So in a nutshell I am looking for an amp with a beautiful clean sound. However the obvious Fender amps don't fit in my budget.
Quote by Wilmu123
I play mainly shoegaze and sometimes ambient. Sometimes I also play just casual rock, but the one I mentioned first is the top priority. So in a nutshell I am looking for an amp with a beautiful clean sound. However the obvious Fender amps don't fit in my budget.

look for a used Peavey Valveking or a Peavey Classic. both have really good clean channels and are fairly cheap used.  seems like a used Fender Blues jr may fall ito your budget but not sure. 
Your suggestion sounds like a breath of fresh air. Haven't looked into those, i'll check them out.

I have been looking at Fender Blues Jrs though in my country the cheapest run around 450€. Had the money it would be an instant purchase.
Another vote for Valveking. The clean channel is great and dirt channel is pretty decent if you put overdrive pedal to boost it a bit. And if the dirt channel is not to your liking it is a good pedal platform.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Hello, might be a dumb question though would you recommend buying a 112 model of the Valveking or a 212? I could find both models with pretty much the same price.
Well, generally bigger and more speakers is always better ("bigger" sound) but when it comes to combos the 2x12 combo's are ridiculously heavy and cumbersome to carry and move around.

They are also different wattage (50w vs 100w) but wattage is irrelevant as far as volume goes, the bigger 100W 2x12 has more clean headroom when you crank but otherwise both can get from ridiculous wall shaking volumes to bedroom whisper quiet. Although mind you, the volume knob is very sensitive on both amps and ramps are very quickly from from whisper to super loud. Nothing to do with wattage, the taper of the knob is just stupid and the there is no master volume to help it a bit.

So it pretty much comes down to how much room horizontally you have in your house and does the potential weight bother you.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Apr 27, 2017,