Page 1 of 2
I just scheduled a consultation for LASIK for next Monday. I've been wearing glasses and contacts since I was 8, and with half of my life being active and the other half staring at computer screens I've decided it's time to get my eyes fixed. Anyone have experience getting LASIK or PRK? How did it work out for you, how much down time did you have, how much did it cost, etc.
what are the chances of regression after LASIK?
'cuz my eyes were fine 'til 16 & then went to shit, if I had LASIK at 26 what's the chances they go to shit again by the time I'm 50?
just curious, honestly never looked into it.
I'm also curious.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by neidnarb11890
what are the chances of regression after LASIK?
'cuz my eyes were fine 'til 16 & then went to shit, if I had LASIK at 26 what's the chances they go to shit again by the time I'm 50?
just curious, honestly never looked into it.

I've heard that regression is possible, but shit, as long as I can see through my 20s and 30s, that's good enough for me.
if our eyes arent real, wouldnt that mean lasik is not real expensive? 
how many movements do you have going on, psychotic ?
lemme know how it goes. my eyesight has gotten so bad. and not just cuz im asian

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I also would like to know tbh
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Yeh for sure, I'll keep you guys updated once I go in for the consult. I'm going to a higher end LASIK place cuz if people are putting lasers in my eyes they better be the best damn lasers out there.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I've been curious about LASEK as well. I mean, I do kinda like the way I look in glasses, but they can be a pain.

Any idea on costs?
Aiight went in for my consultation today. It's going to be $4500 for both eyes, comes with a lifetime guarantee on quality of vision. Going to be getting the procedure done this Friday. Doctor said it takes 24-48 for the eyes to return to normal. Eyes can be dry for 3-6 months. Have to use some special medicated eye drops for a week.
Good information to have, ty.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by TheChaz
It's going to be $4500 for both eyes
..and I thought my rims were expensive!

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by TheChaz
I just scheduled a consultation for LASIK for next Monday.  I've been wearing glasses and contacts since I was 8, and with half of my life being active and the other half staring at computer screens I've decided it's time to get my eyes fixed.  Anyone have experience getting LASIK or PRK?  How did it work out for you, how much down time did you have, how much did it cost, etc.

I haven't gotten LASIK because even if I had it done I would have to wear glasses. It can improve my vision, but not "fix" it. I know several people who have, here's what they've told me. 

1. For several days following LASIK your eyes are super sensitive to light, and you'll probably be forced to wear dark sunglasses. 

2. Unless your vision is already "decent" you probably won't be 20/20 after the operation. 

3. They've all been very happy with their LASIK experience. 
I've had PRK done. I see 20/10 now.

It's fucking awesome. One of the best things I've ever done. Recovery was awful, but the LASIK recovery is siginificantly better from what I understand.
My God, it's full of stars!
You must have difficulty getting through doorways from the size of your balls if you can endure the thought of this happening to you.

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I'm too much of a coward to even have contacts. The thought of having lasers on my eyeballs. Fuuuuuckkkk that.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Insurance won't cover any of it?

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Xiaoxi
this would be way more squick if it showed the needle going in instead of just a bunch of metal and gore instantly
2/10 anticlimactic
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Dreadnought
 I've had PRK done. I see 20/10 now.

It's fucking awesome. One of the best things I've ever done. Recovery was awful, but the LASIK recovery is siginificantly better from what I understand.. One of the best things I've ever done. Recovery was awful, but the LASIK recovery is siginificantly better from what I understand.

Yeah, the doctor said LASIK recovery is pretty minimal.  24-48 hours for vision to normalize in its corrected state, one week of being careful about infections or damaging the flap, then 3-6 months potentially of dry eyes.I apparently have super thicc corneas, so I'm a really good lasik candidate.
Quote by zgr0826
Insurance won't cover any of it?

Nope.  It's an elective procedure, so insurance is a no go.  
Quote by TheChaz
Nope.  It's an elective procedure, so insurance is a no go.  

How bad is your eyesight?

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
How bad is your eyesight?

It's pretty bad, but it's completely correctable with glasses and contacts.

My contacts prescription is -6.50 left eye -6.00 right eye.
k cool

I'll just wait until my eyes fall out.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You must have difficulty getting through doorways from the size of your balls if you can endure the thought of this happening to you.

This is old school lasik. The new shit is bladeless, so they use a laser to create that corneal flap.

Anyway, my appointment is in an hour and a half. I'll let you guys know how it goes/if I go blind/ if I end up with cyclops laser eyes.
God bless you, soon-to-be-glasses-less asshole.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Alright, so I'll update now that I'm 5 days out from the surgery if anyone's still curious.

Went in for the surgery at 9:30 a.m. They rechecked all the measurements on my eyes then gave me one fucking Valium. I've never taken Valium before, but I think I'm too big for just one because I didn't feel a difference at all. They had me wait about 10 minutes, then put numbing drops in my eyes. Laid down on the surgery table, they clamped my eye open, put some device on it, and the cutting laser came down. That thing hurt like an absolute fucking bitch. It felt like they were pouring hot sauce in my eyes. They said it was just supposed to feel like some pressure, so I think they fucked up on the numbing drops or something. Then they pulled the flap off my cornea, and used the corrective laser, which didn't hurt. It was just really difficult to focus my eyes where I was supposed to cuz they were tearing all over the place. Replaced the corneal flap and sent my on my way.

Had a checkup the next morning where they confirmed I'm seeing 20/20 now and there's no issue with the corneal flap. Eyes are still really dry. I have to use artificial tears a lot, but less and less every day. It's mostly bad when I have to focus on something. Still have some light sensitivity as well, so I've been wearing sunglasses a lot.
that sounds fucking horrifying

i'm paranoid about eye pain
Check out my band Disturbed
Sounds good brother 👍

My PRK procedure was basically painless. They gave me like 3 different pills beforehand though. One was Valium.
My God, it's full of stars!
I'd have to have more than one Valium.

Glad to hear you're doing well, my man.

Quote by ErikLensherr

valium does nothing for me either. Multiple friends of mine dont feel anything with it. I have always wanted lasik since i wear contacts and hate not being able to see in the middle of the night. Im having a hard time with having my eye cut. the part of the video i always freak out is when they flip the lid over.
Wow valium is just for like slight sedation and stuff I dont see why they wouldnt give you any painkillers before sticking lasers in your eyes
Quote by Dreadnought
Sounds good brother 👍

My PRK procedure was basically painless. They gave me like 3 different pills beforehand though. One was Valium.

Yeah after the procedure they handed me some Vicodin and said "Here, take these if your eyes get too uncomfortable."

Would have been fucking nice to have BEFORE you cut my eyes open with a goddamn laser.
Quote by CodeMonk
I'm still interested anyway.
Cost is gonna be an issue though.

Seems like my experience was a rarity. Anyway, the few minutes of pain will certainly be worth it.
Valium isn't for pain, though. And it can take up to 45 minutes or so for the tablet to start working.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I know Valium is for the anxiety, but if you get enough of a benzo, you won't care too much about the pain.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
I know Valium is for the anxiety, but if you get enough of a benzo, you won't care too much about the pain.

Yes, but the main point is, if you get a pill 10 minutes before the procedure starts, it probably hasn't started working yet.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Page 1 of 2