I've been battling the noise on my neck pickup for months now, and I'm pretty much at my wits end. I have a terrible directional hum because of (I'm assuming) awful wiring in the unit I live in. I've taken pictures of the inside of the Vela, and hopefully you guys can help me figure out how to fix this situation.

I took the guitar to a local shop to get shielded, I called them after 4 days and they told me there "wasn't a problem in the shop" so they didn't shield it. I told them to go ahead and do it anyway, and this is what the inside looks like. I don't know if this is a good job, a rush job, or whatever due to my ignorance. Hopefully this various hodgepodge of innard pictures make sense to you guys.

Thanks! 

The wiring looks neat enough.  The shielding could have done better.  If the adhesive they use is conductive the the body should be fully shielded but if the adhesive isn't conductive then the shielding isn't gonna be doing it's job and could even make things worse..  I'd put some solder over the seams in body just to be sure you are getting a good connections,  Id also shield the whole inside of the pickguard.  the way it has  Been done on your guitar the pickguard may not be connecting with the cavity shielding making the cavity shielding completely useless.  I like to connect the shielding in the body directly to the output jusk with a short wire. The shielding on the pickguard doesn't need  to be connected to anything because the pots make direct contact to the pots, which are groundedt if you wanted to be super safe you could connect a short wire from the pickguard shielding  the back a pot even to the output jack.

Also check that your bridge is grounded.  If it isn't that is going to be the builk of your problem
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Apr 28, 2017,
saddlemaster  The easiest way to see if the bridge is grounded is to plug into your amp and touch the strings of the guitar.  If the buzz gets quieter then the bridge is grounded.  If it stays the same or gets louder then it isn't grounded.  You could also look for a wire connecting the bridge to the back of a pot  but the touch your strings method is easier.

Edit:  The small black wire in your top pick looks like it should be the ground wire for your bridge.  You could check that one side of that wire is connected to the bridge and the other is connected to the pot.  You could also use a multimeter set to resistance and touch one probe to the bridge and the other to a pot and see how much resistance you are getting.  It should be very low resistance, less than an ohm or two.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Apr 29, 2017,