Poll: Toilet seat up or down?
Poll Options
View poll results: Toilet seat up or down?
Dudes should be gentlemen and put the toilet seat down when they are finished
7 22%
Women should embrace feminism and put the toilet seats down themselves instead of relying on dudes to do it
25 78%
Voters: 32.
Page 1 of 2
Somebody put up a sign at my workplace that says "PLEASE BE A GENTLEMEN AND PUT THE SEAT DOWN "

So, in restrooms where it is applicable, should men put the toilet seat down for women? Or is forcing women to put their own toilet seat down the feminist solution?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
it's not just about women, sometimes when i need to shit i get irritated by the seat being left up because then i have to put the seat down and i don't want to touch public toilet seats with my bare hands so i have to use toilet paper as a hand shield and listen man that just takes time that i don't have when i'm LITERALLY ABOUT TO SHIT and if dudes just put the seat down i wouldn't have to deal with that

see look feminism benefits men
Just leave it down and clean up if you miss.
Though if people left it up, nobody would have to worry about that in the first place, so no one is right.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 26, 2017,
There are 2 possible systems: Everybody leaves the seat down vs Everybody leaves the seat like they used it.

You should have a system that minimizes average annoyance, and is as efficient as possible. If everybody puts the seat down, you create an inefficienly: If 2 men want to pee in succesion, the 1st one puts the seat down and the 2nd puts it up, when it's unnecessary (if it were up, neither would need to do any additional work).

In every other case, someone ends up doing necessary work. If a man pees and then a woman comes to pee/shit (or a man to shit), then somone will do work, either the 1st person or the 2nd one. The efficiency is the same, there is 1 unit of work. Same with every other scenario. However, the "2 man peeing" situation gains net work in one case but not on the other one.

A priori, everybody leaving the seat as they used it causes the least amount of work, thus the least amount of annoyances. Plus, a priori, it's the fairest, since both women and men do similar amount of work. If everybody leaves the seat down, then women do no work and men do all of it (i.e it's unfair).

This doesn't take into account the frecuency of each person doing each deed, nor the frecuency women use the bathroom over men, etc. If those are taken into account, and if you value fairness as well as net work, then the conclusion might change

EDIT: It's also the simplest system. You only rely on everybody working for their own best interest (not doing additional work). In the other system, you rely on everybody following the rules. Just 1 man saying "fuck it" and leaving the seat up fucks your system.
Last edited by gonzaw at Apr 26, 2017,
It takes what less than a second to put a seat down or up people should just get the fuck over how they find the seat and do what they need when they go into the bathroom. 
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
just stop being nasty and put the seat back down
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

i'd find who wrote the note and tell 'em to get back to work
how many movements do you have going on, psychotic ?
What if it doesn't matter because it takes less than one second to change the position of the seat
Last edited by Rossenrot at Apr 26, 2017,
yeah i've honestly never understood this whole thing like

at the end of the day someones gonna get pisshands or poophands or whatever and you're just a wankstain if you demand sacrifices of others just so you don't have to make them yourself
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Everyone should put the seat and lid down after using the toilet because you don't want shit/piss particles everywhere
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Just leave it down and clean up if you miss.
Though if people left it up, nobody would have to worry about that in the first place, so no one is right.
>not worrying about missing

Joshua Garcia is a godless heathen who is okay with people going everywhere all willy-nilly with their willies
I don't know all this is too confusing so I just usually shit on the floor
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Use a trash bin--problem solved
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Quote by ElMaco
I don't know all this is too confusing so I just usually shit on the floor

I quite a job once because someone shit all over the floor. 5 bucks an hour wasn't worth cleaning up shit. 
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
I always just put the seat & lid down at home.
when it is a restroom at work that women will also use, I'll put the seat down, 'cuz I am a very conscientious person, & I'm used to doing it since I do it at home.
in public I try to avoid touching the seat -- I will piss with it down if I have to -- don't really care since it's a men's restroom & men are gross. fuck you, strange men.
Engineers created the top part of toilets to not allow microscopic matter to fly out so easily onto your toothbrush that happens to be right there. Whether it be due to the piping, or your own shit, you will close both lids, and wash your hands after every use.
Quote by Fat Lard
Engineers created the top part of toilets to not allow microscopic matter to fly out so easily onto your toothbrush that happens to be right there. Whether it be due to the piping, or your own shit, you will close both lids, and wash your hands after every use.

Rarely do I agree with El Fat Lard, but this is the damn truth. Close the lid you godless heathens.
Quote by Amuro Jay
>not worrying about missing

Joshua Garcia is a godless heathen who is okay with people going everywhere all willy-nilly with their willies
#FreeWilly
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I think we should let the seat decide what it wants.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I find lifting the seat to have a piss the most off putting part of the process so I don't really get the whole leaving it down thing to be better - certainly not for me. In terms of it being left up for ladies then a small shunt or nudge and gravity takes care of the rest. 

To think that microscopic shit and piss bacteria won't find it's way out of a closed lid is as mental as my wife thinking rinsing things with fresh water makes them clean.

I also generally don't like to take a shit outside of my own bathroom at home - who knows what arse hair or pimpled bum I'm having to share with - tissue paper temporary cover usually needs to make an appearance. 

Tend to use my shoes to do the lifting or falling process for me either way though - a good scoop up with the right toe is all it takes. If I am somewhere that I should be formal then it's 'down' just for manners sake - but I'm bitter about it each time!

Quote by gonzaw

A priori, everybody leaving the seat as they used it causes the least amount of work, thus the least amount of annoyances. Plus, a priori, it's the fairest, since both women and men do similar amount of work. If everybody leaves the seat down, then women do no work and men do all of it (i.e it's unfair).

EDIT: It's also the simplest system. You only rely on everybody working for their own best interest (not doing additional work). In the other system, you rely on everybody following the rules. Just 1 man saying "fuck it" and leaving the seat up fucks your system.

Thus I concur that this really is the best system for convenience sake 
I don't know, I pretty easily manage to put the toilet seat back down when taking a shit. I haven't fallen in once.
Quote by Rossenrot
What if it doesn't matter because it takes less than one second to change the position of the seat

Quote by MurrcuryFoxx
It takes what less than a second to put a seat down or up people should just get the fuck over how they find the seat and do what they need when they go into the bathroom. 

Correct

honestly how can people even care about this with the shit we have to deal with in our lives and around us
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I always put the seat down before I flush because otherwise you create an aerosol of piss and shit particles and that ain't nice.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Toilet seat goes up for manly urination.

It's a simple courtesy to reduce splashback on the underside for whoever cleans it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
This has been floating around the net for about a week now.

UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
For problems like these we may need to look to religious leaders.

When the pope shits in the woods, does he have a secret privy? If so, what is the seat etiquette? Who knows what might happen to a cardinal that leaves the seat up.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Last edited by 剣 斧 血 at Apr 27, 2017,
Quote by bradulator
Somebody put up a sign at my workplace that says "PLEASE BE A GENTLEMEN AND PUT THE SEAT DOWN "

So, in restrooms where it is applicable, should men put the toilet seat down for women? Or is forcing women to put their own toilet seat down the feminist solution?

If I saw that sign at work I'd deliberately not. 

I'd probably attach it to the seat and piss on it too. 
close the bowl like a responsible pet owner

I close the lid but it has nothing to do with gender. It's because I'm not a savage.
Free Ali
Free Lard
it's weird to me that people leave it up actually. I grew up with two sisters, seat was always down at least and lid is usually down as well. also both me and my father always wipe the bowl rim with tissue afterwards just in case.

why don't people put lid down too, then it's fair for everyone. I just lift both seat and lid at once when I need a piss.

only time I see keeping seat up as valid is at work in mens toilets because otherwise there is always that one dumbass who cba lifting and pisses on the seat and makes life hard for anyone coming in after who wants to take a shit. that said, I've been in unisex toilets at some places and you get women doing hoverbutt thing and making a mess of the seat in their own way (different splatter type when dumbass guy is pissing to dumbass lady is pissing)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Men should just leave it down but also remember:

If you sprinkle when you tinkle,
Be a sweetie and wipe the seatie!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

the solution is simple all bathrooms should have an equal split of toilets half of them dont have a seat which is the one you dont sit on or shit in this could also be a urinal since women dont need to not sit unless they're weird and the other half of them have seats that cannot be lifted

there
Quote by TheChaz
Everyone should put the seat and lid down after using the toilet because you don't want shit/piss particles everywhere

No, people shouldn't piss and shit on the seat to begin with.
I did janitorial work at one point, and I don't know how these people live. Between that and retail, retroactive abortion is a thought I've entertained.

-Ladies, please remain seated for the entire performance.
-Gents, you're not a sharpshooter or stuntman for dicks.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I have to say that in our house we realized that when I stand up and pee in the toilet, the urine and water can splash up to six feet away from the toilet. Its disgusting...especially if you are in a bathroom that has reading material...It's covered in piss whether you want to believe it or not. 

I have found that sitting when you pee (at home) will keep everything so much cleaner that you have to clean up much less. Also, if you close the top of the toilet before you flush you avoid all the splashing that happens when you flush...

and....you never miss in the dark...frankly I had a urinal in my bathroom while living in Thailand and it was awesome. 
Everyone should put the lid down before they flush the toilet. Then everyone has something to lift and no-one can complain.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Fat Lard

I have always put both the seat AND the lid down.
Have none of you ever dropped something like your phone in the fucking toilet?

Hell, they even did this on Mythbusters.
The results of leaving the lid open when you flush is nasty.
Page 1 of 2