Potentially a noob question...but are there any downsides/ repercussions to using the same guitar and strings for different tunings?

Specifically, my Les Paul MKH 7 string. I use that for standard tuning 7 string music, but I've started playing some stuff  half a step lower, so A# D# G# C# F# A# D# on my 7 string razorback. But I just had a thought, why not sell the 7 string razorback, and then get another razorback but just with 6 strings, and play all the half step down tunes on the MKH7... but I guess that hinges on IF there isnt any issue with tuning up and down between standard and half a step down. 

Also, would the advice I'm asking for also be applicable on 6 string guitars in the same way - going from standard to half step down? 

Thoughts/advice? 

Thanks  
because you'll only be properly set up for one of the tunings which means your intonation and action will be off for the other one.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
1/2 step should not really make a difference I used to tune between E-standard and Eb all the time when I only had one guitar as long as it is not a tremolo guitar.

Anyway just give it a try before you sell the Dean and see if it causes any issues.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Apr 27, 2017,
IDK I never had any issues changing 1/2 step.

I sold my Razorback DB the quality just wasn't there for me it needed the switches, pots, etc. replaced as well as the pickups and I didn't want to spend all that because the value just wasn't there. I have 15 guitars and it was sold to finance another better guitar an MIJ Jackson RR3 with Eerie Dess swirl paint. If you do sell your razorback to get a 6 string look into used Japanese import Jacksons they are great guitars and in the U.S. they are readily available for $300-$350 your gettting a lot of guitar for that price. I have 6 of them and an 89 Charvel Fusion Custom the most I paid was for the RR3 and that was $500 and it was mint in the factory Jackson Bloodline case.

I'm not bashing Dean by any means but their sub $1000 guitars are pretty hit or miss from my experience I do have a 09 Spilt Tail that was like $1200 new it is a great player the fretwork and binding on the neck and head are superb. I paid IIRC $400 for the Split Tail used with factory hard case (I always buy used to get more bang for my buck).

Here are a couple shots of the Split Tail and RR3:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/2/9/8/7/2987125/pics/_c1290224_image_0.jpg
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge