Anyone familiar with the Floyd Rose special Series made in Korea?

Can you please tell me What is the difference between the  FR03000, the FRS3000, and FRS5000 floyd rose aside from the numbers?

I couldn't notice any because i'm noob, i just saw the FR03000 is more expensive than the other two
Last edited by iampeterparkerjr at Apr 27, 2017,
The FR0 is the Original Floyd Rose made in Germany that's made of all hardened steel with a nickle plated brass sustain block.  The FRS is the Korean made Floyd Rose Special with a hardened steel base plate and has zinc saddles and zinc sustain block instead. Then you have the FRT 1,000 series made in Korea to the specs of the Original FLoyd Rose with hardened stell base plate & saddles w/nickle plated sustain block.  The different numbers represent different colors and nothing else. different colors have different prices.     
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Apr 27, 2017,
FWIW the Floyd Rose Specials are not in the same league with the German or Higher spec Korean models they are made with cheaper materials and lower tolerances The Korean high spec OFR models are basically the same as the German Floyds but with a few corners cut, the saddle locking screws are smaller in diameter the saddles are not finished with as much detail as the German OFRs the blocks are not brass.

I have a couple of the Korean OFRs that I upgreded the blocks to brass big blocks and in spite of the other differences they hold there own against my German Floyd's.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

^ Yeah the QC's not as good on the FRTs as on the German FROs. I thought the blocks were brass on the FRTs too, though?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by iampeterparkerjr
Anyone familiar with the Floyd Rose special Series made in Korea?

Can you please tell me What is the difference between the  FR03000, the FRS3000, and FRS5000 floyd rose aside from the numbers?

I couldn't notice any because i'm noob, i just saw the FR03000 is more expensive than the other two

Color. 
I don't think Floyd Rose actually uses those designations any more (check their website), but there are different prices for different finishes. 
The FRS designates the Special, the FRO designates the Original, and the Original is about double the Special's price. The O series is currently done in Germany, the S series is done in Korea. The biggest difference involves the saddles, backing plate and sustain block materials, not the quality control. The blocks are brass on the FRO series and the other pieces are steel, while the cheaper version uses zinc alloy for those pieces. 
Quote by Evilnine
FWIW the Floyd Rose Specials are not in the same league with the German or Higher spec Korean models they are made with cheaper materials and lower tolerances The Korean high spec OFR models are basically the same as the German Floyds but with a few corners cut, the saddle locking screws are smaller in diameter the saddles are not finished with as much detail as the German OFRs the blocks are not brass.

I have a couple of the Korean OFRs that I upgreded the blocks to brass big blocks and in spite of the other differences they hold there own against my German Floyd's.

The Korean made 1,000 series do have nickle plated brass sustain blocks like the German made ones. Every one I have ever seen including mine have nickle plated brass sustain blocks, only the FRS has a Zinc block.  
^ I could be wrong but I thought that was one of those counterfeit websites.

EDIT: I didn't click the link because I don't trust the site, but going by the title of the page, "Made in USA" sounds suspicious at very least. As we said in this thread, floyd roses are either made in Germany or Korea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Way Cool JR.
The Korean made 1,000 series do have nickle plated brass sustain blocks like the German made ones. Every one I have ever seen including mine have nickle plated brass sustain blocks, only the FRS has a Zinc block.  

Good to know my Korean OFRs are both 1,000 series, I didn't pay attention when I replaced them with bigger brass blocks it warms up the sound and helps to get back some of the sustain loss inherent with floating trems. I am a firm beliver in brass big blocks. Like I said my MIK Floyds perform as well as my German OFRs
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Apr 28, 2017,