Howdy folks....quick question....

Tap tempo on multi-fx unit. I'm obviously missing something and it is probably important - how, when, where and why should I be using it?!

ThnQs
how - tap on it, twice
when - the time between the two taps sets the tempo
where - the button
why- 'cause you're in a U2 tribute band?
Quote by reverb66
I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.
Thanks for being along so quickly Paul. 

Please forgive my ingnorance but I still don't fully understand what this function is for. As far as I am aware it is for setting the rhythm of a drum machine on the MFX or reverb/modulation effects response times?! 

Am I on the money or did I miss the mark? I have never used it or pressed it but I feel I may be missing a trick with it....
Tap tempo lets you set the tempo for time based effects with your foot, on the go. It may be a looper, drum machine, delay, metronome, reverb, etc.
Last edited by YellowCat at Apr 28, 2017,
Quote by hydreliox
Thanks for being along so quickly Paul. 

Please forgive my ingnorance but I still don't fully understand what this function is for. As far as I am aware it is for setting the rhythm of a drum machine on the MFX or reverb/modulation effects response times?! 

Am I on the money or did I miss the mark? I have never used it or pressed it but I feel I may be missing a trick with it....

No, that's about right, but that can actually be very very important.  As a super extreme example, look at this:

Nuno's playing very precisely and using the tempo of the delay to get the whole effect of that song.  Like I say, this is a pretty extreme example but getting things like delays with a very specific timing can make all the difference as to whether a song sounds like it was written by God herself and handed to you... or whether it sounds like you have no idea what you're doing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by hydreliox
Howdy folks....quick question....

Tap tempo on multi-fx unit. I'm obviously missing something and it is probably important - how, when, where and why should I be using it?!

ThnQs

It's to set the tempo for delays and other fx.  Tap "quarter notes" with your foot  and you'll be on the money. This makes time based fx ( delays, tremolo etc.) on beat with what you're playing.