Poll: Which is da greatest?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is da greatest?
SONG 1
2 25%
SONG 2
4 50%
SONG 3
1 13%
SONG 4
1 13%
Voters: 8.

Heyyyy we're back

maybe not every week tho but whatever lets get to the good stuff.

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.
Here they are: 

1 - " My Neighbor is the Reincarnation of Ted Bundy " (Whywefight)
2 - " Straightjacket " (SirZep, Mind_Meld)
3 - "Doom" (nico_9550)
4 - " Snake Charmer " (Papersparrow)

---------------------------------------------- --------------------
Here's last week's most voted song, from mind_meld and SirZep , the song [url="https://soundcloud.com/harrison_graves/clouds[/URL"]

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfact ory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.
The votes will be counted this Monday. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1719568
Last edited by nico_9550 at Apr 28, 2017,
I keep forgetting about this, will submit later

All of those tracks are nice, I really like straight jacket and doom
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

yay!

1. Loved the lyrics. Intriguing and creepy. Especially after scaring myself reading his wikipedia page. Who was your neighbor though??

2. Had fun with a digital piano I had on loan - arrgh i want it back!

3. Awesome intro, i really like that kind of slow distorted droning. The slow drums gave this song a kind of cool groove that a faster or straighter rhythm couldn't have done, and gave the song a sense of space despite being heavy. I would have liked to hear this with some vocals though, you should definitely do it because it would sound great.

4. Reminded me of Everlong. Particularly liked the part when the double tracked vocals kicked in. Those maj7/sus-ish open-ish chords at the end were pretty nice too. Ended a bit abruptly for my liking though!

Voted for nico
Quote by nico_9550

Heyyyy we're back

maybe not every week tho but whatever lets get to the good stuff.

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.
Here they are: 

1 - " My Neighbor is the Reincarnation of Ted Bundy " (Whywefight)
2 - " Straightjacket " (SirZep, Mind_Meld)
3 - "Doom" (nico_9550)
4 - " Snake Charmer " (Papersparrow)

Here's last week's most voted song, from mind_meld and SirZep , the song [url="https://soundcloud.com/harrison_graves/clouds[/URL"]

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfact ory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.
The votes will be counted this Monday. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1719568

wow, those people are really talented. I can't believe how good those were! the only problem I thought, in the first song, his voice was too slappy sounding, like I could hear his spit or saliva. Like man, do something about that. Ew. Kind of thinking Surfjan Stevens was a major influence? it's very dreamy and soothing, I like it.

I love that low-fi fuzz guitar, and the female humanoid singer. Kind of um, grunge, um, 90s sounding, hey. very reminiscent of that. I think the melodies, and the chords being play on the guitar, I feel like I've heard those in a lot of Soundgarden/Pearl Jam.

The 3rd one is very good, Sunbather, Black Sabbath? I like it. The drumming is really cool and I like the progressions in it. Kind of God is an Astronaut as well.

"SnakeChamber" are you heavily influenced by Nirvana? anyway, I love hearing real artists/musicians. It makes me sad when I look at the state of the music industry, omfg it is so atrocious. It's like, Kurt Cobain is playing the guitar, and Elliot Smith is singing the vocals. "only you can make an atheist play" ha ha ha that was wonderful. 
Last edited by tear2slitwrists at May 3, 2017,
Oh shit, can somebody recommend me recording equipment, I want to record songs but I don't know where to start. Why does music have to be such an expensive hobby. I have a decent mic but that is all. I am waiting for my new guitar to come int he mail after it fell and broke. It was really expensive, I am getting imported from Britain. anyway, I still think the guitar is just as important as the amp. Seriously, everyone thinks the wood quality and make of acoustic guitars matter, how is it not the same with electric guitars? anyway, I will drop that, since I don't want to sound like a sound it seems to make some people angry.

No offense to anyone, but I noticed a lot of the songs have sort of a low-fi sound to it, why is this? I like it but I was wondering if you could get cleaner without breaking teh bank. tEH TUHETH BANKERS!!!! BIG FAT FUDGE PACKER BANKERS11EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by tear2slitwrists at May 3, 2017,
Quote by whywefight
whooooooooooooa

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kill all the bankers
tear2slitwrists Can we get your list of best female non-humanoid singers?

e. sorry mind_meld, was supposed to reply to slitwrists
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by tear2slitwrists
wow, those people are really talented. I can't believe how good those were! the only problem I thought, in the first song, his voice was too slappy sounding, like I could hear his spit or saliva. Like man, do something about that. Ew. Kind of thinking Surfjan Stevens was a major influence? it's very dreamy and soothing, I like it.\ 

lmao I was singing like directly into the mic because of I how quiet I wanted to sing so yeah I know exactly what you're talking about

but yeah I think it's fair to say that John Wayne Gacy Jr. by Sufjan is a direct influence here
Quote by tear2slitwrists
Oh shit, can somebody recommend me recording equipment, I want to record songs but I don't know where to start. Why does music have to be such an expensive hobby. I have a decent mic but that is all. I am waiting for my new guitar to come int he mail after it fell and broke. It was really expensive, I am getting imported from Britain. anyway, I still think the guitar is just as important as the amp. Seriously, everyone thinks the wood quality and make of acoustic guitars matter, how is it not the same with electric guitars? anyway, I will drop that, since I don't want to sound like a sound it seems to make some people angry.

No offense to anyone, but I noticed a lot of the songs have sort of a low-fi sound to it, why is this? I like it but I was wondering if you could get cleaner without breaking teh bank. tEH TUHETH BANKERS!!!! BIG FAT FUDGE PACKER BANKERS11EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Well you'll need a mic and an interface to start with. I'd recommend the Scarlett 2i4 as your interface and getting a decent mic like a Shure 58/57 or a lagre diaphragm condenser mic (I use a AT2020). You'll also need recording software, Reaper is the one I use which you can get for free.