Page 1 of 2
what a freaking score.

these guitars are partially made from reclaimed woods, here's the PRS info on them. the tops and fretboards are old growth woods native to the north eastern parts of Brazil.

http://www.prsguitars.com/news/story/prs_guitars_unveils_limited_edition_reclaimed_wood_guitars

this thing is ridiculous, exactly what I was hoping for an so much more. i lucked out and the top on this one is perfect, i think. the back is what's so nuts though, great figure to the mahogany. neck plays so nice, i really like the profile. i'm honeymooning but it's sort of a tweener of a LP and Tele for me but it definitely has it's own unique vibe overall. better than comparable models of each in it's own ways.
I played it a bunch this afternoon through my '63 VVRI and exactly, balls on exactly what I hoped to hear. there's so much that's lost in videos and whatnot when you watch samples online. what a ridiculous guitar. i can't wait to run it through my Amplifire rig tonight. i'm sure a SLO preset with a slide won't disappoint!

what's funny is, there's a bunch of play wear on the plastic sheet that covers the pick guard. i know Eric played it a bit at Guitars and More in Alabama, but i suspect someone at the factory didn't want to put this one down. haha

also it came with a great initial set up, i'm only going to tweak it slightly from here but i was ripping on this thing earlier. it made me a better player, i forgot how much i like playing PRS guitars. I had a few at one point and sort of moved on, but later regretted selling the teal black mccarty and whale blue CU24 i had.

when i worked at a sam ash store for a while after the '08 economy poop, i was fortune enough tour the factory with a group and meet paul, have dinner and drinks and whatnot and hang out in the garage studio for a bit, incredible time for sure. so i've always been looking for the right prs guitar(s) to put in the stable.

check out the pink streaks in the peroba rosa top, and the nail holes that look like a snake bite.

great sounding pick ups, the Sarla bridge pup and a neck single coil balance really well. i'm very happy with this "budget" USA PRS!

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Yep, you win. That's absolutely stunning! I've got a couple semi-hollow NGD posts I was going to do, but yeah, not even worth it now!
OffsetOffset
Do you think the semi-hollow gives your guitar more balls? Because I once thought that it had the opposite affect.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'm not letting you go that easy because this is a purchase I've been thinking about making, explain.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
To-do list for Greg:
-TV Jones 
-Bigsby
-Guitar with dog picture

Actually I have no idea how those PRS Filtertron/DeArmond pickups are but if the guitar is a keeper I'd have to at least wonder about a Powertron and a T-Armond. 
Quote by NewDayHappy
Do you think the semi-hollow gives your guitar more balls? Because I once thought that it had the opposite affect.

i think it made it lighter. it weighs 6.23 lbs. :thumb:

Quote by SteveHOC
Yep, you win. That's absolutely stunning! I've got a couple semi-hollow NGD posts I was going to do, but yeah, not even worth it now!

thanks steve, what did you get? post them!

Quote by Roc8995
To-do list for Greg:
-TV Jones 
-Bigsby
-Guitar with dog picture

Actually I have no idea how those PRS Filtertron/DeArmond pickups are but if the guitar is a keeper I'd have to at least wonder about a Powertron and a T-Armond. 

i don't even think i'll be changing the pups on this one, but a bigsby is definitely under consideration. i fell in love with
the starla bridge pup the first time i played one. there was a starla behind the counter at Ash when i worked there and it was my grab a guitar and pluck around ax. almost bought it before I left there.

thanks everyone!
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 29, 2017,
Sweet! I have really been looking at some of the S2s, there is an elephant gray semi-hollow locally and I keep wanting to make a bad decision and grab it...

Nice axe dude, glad you finally have it in your hands!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Sweet, HNGD I was well hyped for the reclaimed series when it got announce and nearly got one. Would love to hear some clips of yours! 
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
gregs1020

I got a Rickenbacker 330/6 in Walnut and an American 90's Thinline Telecaster (double bound in natural Ash). I'm a big fan of semi-hollows, and your Vela is absolutely gorgeous! Seriously, just great looking (and they sound great as well). Jealous!
OffsetOffset
SteveHOC you baffoon both of those are worth more used than i paid for the vela at full pop new price. and both are dayum sexy!
i'd love a walnut ric or that tele.

Quote by Shredx
Sweet, HNGD I was well hyped for the reclaimed series when it got announce and nearly got one. Would love to hear some clips of yours! 

seriously they won't do it justice. i listened to every clip i could and thought it sounded pretty good. but plugged in to your own rig it's going to sound great. i'll try though, it's not beyond possible but would be a galaxy s7 quality vid, which isn't the worst.
gregs1020
I don't know about that, but your Vela certainly looks stellar! I loved the pickup sounds on it, I hope you can dig them too without changing them out!
OffsetOffset
Well you've gone and totally upstaged my ebony veneer CU24.Thanks

That thing is a beauty!
HNGD
Gorgeous!  Makes me cringe a little seeing it rested against the brick, though  
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Ippon i don't know what the ce24's sold for initially, maybe $1500-$1700? i think reasonable pricing because they shipped with black prs gig bags, just a guess. i wasn't really into one, just the vela.

barden1069 i was careful, sort of. it's actually resting with the tuners touching the brick in both cases.

EyeballPaul haha hardly, that's a killer guitar as well.

JustRooster do you still work at the shop? did you guys get any of these?
Haven't for a while. I tech as a side gig now. Only played one once, super dig it. I like the S2 stuff.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
JustRooster i like the s2 stuff as well. i really want to put a bigsby on this one, and at the same time i don't want to change anything but strings on this guitar. so it's got me thinking of finding a regular vela and plopping one on there.
Very nice, I really like what they went with for the pickup configuration on those too. Enjoy!
Awesome dog too.
Oh, hey, it's the pretty PRS model! HNGD, I want one

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by EyeballPaul
Well you've gone and totally upstaged my ebony veneer CU24.Thanks

I dunno -- I'd have to give both of those guitars high grades. Great choices. 
Greg, your Vela is bella and stellah!
Quote by NewDayHappy

I'm not sure what your definition of "more balls" might be, but the thin semi-hollows I've played from PRS and Carvin over the years have pretty much been non-factors in tone compared to the more-or-less same guitars in a solid body. Mostly the same. I've got an old THICK bodied hollowbody from PRS that definitely sounds different. Give Neal Schon a call -- his current concert guitar, after years of playing solid body PRS/Gibson LPs, is a semi-hollow PRS. 
awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Beautiful! Congrats! I bet it plays like a dream
Sweet HNGD she looks beautiful!

Do the tiny nail holes enhance the acoustic quality?
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

thanks everyone!

this guitar makes me want to be a better person. i absolutely love it. it's just a fun guitar to play.

i can't believe people are asking $3500-$4000 for these on reverb now, i'd be shocked if anyone paid that. it's worth the $1300 i paid, but i probably wouldn't pay much more than that for one. maybe PT Barnum was right?
The wood for theirs came from more important walls than yours.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
They better make a regular Vela Semi-Hollow. I need an antique white one with dots. That would be my #1.
Quote by JELIFISH19
They better make a regular Vela Semi-Hollow.

agreed. they'd sell like crazy.
if this wasn't semi-hollow, i never would have considered one.

also fwiw, in general and not directed at JELIFISH19 but pretty much everyone including jelfish19, PRS semi hollows aren't like normal semi hollows, they're more like aggressively weight relieved solid bodies.
which i personally see as a great thing, because that's what i think a semi-hollow should be. others will hunt me with arrows and pitch forks for posting that, no doubt.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 4, 2017,
Quote by gregs1020
agreed. they'd sell like crazy.
if this wasn't semi-hollow, i never would have considered one.

also fwiw, in general and not directed at JELIFISH19 but pretty much everyone including jelfish19,
PRS semi hollows aren't like normal semi hollows, they're more like aggressively weight relieved solid bodies.
which i personally see as a great thing, because that's what i think a semi-hollow should be. others will hunt me with arrows and pitch forks for posting that, no doubt.

The Gibson CS-336, introduced in 2001 is the same way. http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Archtop/Gibson-Custom/CS-336/Features.aspx

Do you know which brand came first with this type?
Ippon probably the log, if we're being technical?
Quote by Ippon
The Gibson CS-336, introduced in 2001 is the same way. http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Archtop/Gibson-Custom/CS-336/Features.aspx

Do you know which brand came first with this type?
Epiphone did it in 1999 with the Wildkat. Depending on specific requirements, Fender did it in 1969 - the Thinline Tele is a semihollow made by routing out the back and sides and then slapping a top on it (though that really is purely weight relief).
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at May 4, 2017,
Gorgeous. I love guitars that look like they're made of wood. The Tele-ish barrel bridge is interesting; isn't that unusual on a PRS?
Death to Ovation haters!
were the c24s more expensive? i just saw a used one sell for 2300
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
were the c24s more expensive? i just saw a used one sell for 2300

i believe so. i want to say $1799 or $1599 originally? the vela was $1299 or $1249 plus $50 shipping, depending on where you looked.

Quote by PatchworkMan
Gorgeous. I love guitars that look like they're made of wood. The Tele-ish barrel bridge is interesting; isn't that unusual on a PRS?

very much so. the vela is the only prs to have that bridge as far as I know.
Page 1 of 2