I have a MT, and I've been considering buying a TT amp. I might end up needing the extra volume, and I like having a bit of power amp saturation, which isn't possible with the MT. I love the tone of the MT, and really have liked the sound samples I've heard of the TT. I haven't gotten an opportunity to try out the TT in stores yet, but I have a local music store that is an official Orange dealer (other than that it's a second hand store). At some point I will get to try out a TT, but right now they only have MT in stock. What I'm wondering is if there's a big difference in voicing, and by that I mean weather the natural EQ is slightly different. I would assume so, because one is all tube and the other is hybrid, but how much of a difference is it, and what differences there are. Thanks in advance!
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3
i think you'll find that there isn't a huge difference between the 2 in terms of overall tone at least EQ wise. since the TT has a tube power section you will hear some differences however i think that will be in a good way. expect that the tonew ill be a little different as they only have 1 tone control and presumably the tone control is notched to work best with the amp on the whole. 
Quote by monwobobbo
i think you'll find that there isn't a huge difference between the 2 in terms of overall tone at least EQ wise. since the TT has a tube power section you will hear some differences however i think that will be in a good way. expect that the tonew ill be a little different as they only have 1 tone control and presumably the tone control is notched to work best with the amp on the whole. 

That's what I thought. I would assume that the MT was designed to sound as close to the TT as possible withought a tube power section. I personally find the tone knob to be pretty usefull and versatile, but some don't. It works fine for my needs.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

get a TT and an OD.

i have the dual terror (2ch) and have never felt constrained with the single tone knob
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
get a TT and an OD.

i have the dual terror (2ch) and have never felt constrained with the single tone knob

Okay. I'm actually thinking now that the tone I was after is actually with a bit of power amp grit to it (I was thinking Master of Puppets tone, which in reality is mids boosted by a tiny bit).

Quote by monwobobbo
gogiregionmaster of puppets was done with a mesa mk was III

Yeah. I know. Couldn't I get that type of tone with a TT, though? Maybe something close?

Quote by monwobobbo
gogiregionI wouldn't count on that. TT is a good amp but has limitations

Yeah, that's what I thought. It could probably get at least close enough to sound good, but I know it can easily hit all the other tones I like so much (like an AC/DC tone, which it was specifically created to replicate). It'll probably make a better sound than a Micro Terror, which IMO it's distortion tone is just a bit lacking (though it may be my overdrive pedal making it sound only decent).