I really like the sound of a Tiny Terror, and am planning on buying one (as some people on this forum know). I looked, and a used combo can be just barely more expensive than a head (like, sometimes only $50 more expensive, which is way less than a cab). From what I understand, the combo is just a TT built into a cab, in which you have to connect it with a speaker cable, correct? That's the impression I've gotten. If that's the case, then you would have the same versatility with the combo, just slightly larger, more expensive, and convenient. If it really works that way, then I'll probably buy the combo so that it's more portable, but always have the option to plug it into a bigger speaker.

As a side question, tou run two 16 ohm cabs with the two 8 ohm outputs, right? That's why it has two 8 ohm outputs, from what I understand. If they're in parallel, then the math would say that two parallel 16 ohm speakers would be 8 ohms parallel. You don't have to say if I'm right, just please correct me if I'm wrong.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3
combos are self contained so no cable needed. if it has a speaker out option that does mean you can hook it up to a seeperate cab if you want. 
Quote by monwobobbo
combos are self contained so no cable needed. if it has a speaker out option that does mean you can hook it up to a seeperate cab if you want. 

Okay. That probably could save the transformer a couple times. I know that most cabs are like that, although I think I've heard that it works the way I described, but maybe that was wrong. For some reason websites don't like to sgow the back of the thing, unlike with heads where they always thow it. I found some, though. It will probably be super convenient to have a cab instead of a head. I'll see if I can get a combo as my next piece of gear, then probably either the GR or a TS.

Edit: I looked closer at the image, and it looks like the speaker is plugged in through the output, and like the TT Combo is just a regular TT inside of a cab: https://goo.gl/images/LHrvAX https://goo.gl/images/m2XjGj
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

Last edited by gogiregion at Apr 30, 2017,
just bear in mind a 1x12 combo is not slightly larger than a head (EDIT: especially those mini heads like the tiny terror). it's a *lot* larger. EDIT: and heavier.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
just bear in mind a 1x12 combo is not slightly larger than a head (EDIT: especially those mini heads like the tiny terror). it's a *lot* larger. EDIT: and heavier.

Oops. What I meant was slightly smaller (as in having the combo is snaller than the head and cab together).

Oh I see what you mean- yeah that probably is true.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Oh I see what you mean- yeah that probably is true.

It's not by much. It's literally a TT screwed into a cab. You can actually take out the head (and that's actually how you change the tubes). I'm pretty sure it it's that way so that you can use the cab part along with a cab in parallel. Just a theory.

Yeah but I'd imagine it doesn't have the protectective cage that the head does?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Yeah but I'd imagine it doesn't have the protectective cage that the head does?

It does. That's why it's a pain in the a** to change tubes for the first time. It's unnecessary, but it's there. It takes 15 screws to open it up. But then you just leave the cage out and it only takes 4.

oh ok
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh ok

It's ONLY 15 screws.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?