Hi,

this one is for phil collins fans I guess

just found this :

https://darylstuermer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Pedalboard-1-768x477.jpg

I always wanted to play with such a compressed compact and yet gorgeous sound
but I have no idea how get something similar like in "Something happened on..." or "easy lover",

I been digging and all the pedals he use have nothing special, just regular effects

if anyone knows how to do this, I mean whta's the main idea behind that sound ?

thanks
Last edited by phil123456789 at May 2, 2017,
Well, you've seen his board. Do you know his amp & axes? Because really, you don't NEED special gear to create a good tone, you mainly have to know what you're doing with what you have. Often, that means taking time and fiddling with knobs, switches and sliders.

Do you have a specific example of the sound you're looking for? A link would help others help you.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
@ 3:10

jee collins is such a douche on stage :-)

Actually I been playing with effect for years but never managed to have something nice unless I use some ready made built in factory presets
Last edited by phil123456789 at May 3, 2017,
I'll listen to the vid later- have to be quiet where I am right now.

Found this:
https://darylstuermer.com/extras/gear-talk/

The pix are pretty clear, so if you have similar gear, you should be able to approximate his settings.

It seems he likes Godins & Mesas. Godins are great guitars. Well made and with nifty features. But few of them have any special tones unique to them. The Mesas are pretty tonally flexible, with a clean tone that is one of the industry's more sought after.

What's your rig?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

yeah this is the page where I found the picture I posted but that does not tell me much

just regular effects, couple of distos, compressor, chorus/flanger, not even an EQ
I guess the mesa boogie also help a lot, and no I cant afford one :-)
Well, the pix DO potentially show you his settings. That's not trivial. Also, most of his stuff isn't really exotic, so actually copying his board wouldn't be too pricey.

Maybe the T-Rex, Radial Tonebone & Fulltone might be relatively pricey on the first board. The Mesas on his club board are worthy of attention, too. I wouldn't be surprised to hear him playing some of that Genesis/Phil Collins stuff- or tubes that are tonally similar- at those shows.

And the one thing I can say about the Godins is I know the LGXT has their H.D.R. system, which essentially turns the pickup output from passive to actives. That could be one ingredient.

As for the Mesas, what is your budget? There ARE used deals to be had, and some other amp makers' products who can get you to the same church in a different pew...for a little less $$$.

to me it's more like a picture of his pedals, but yeah maybe the settigns are accurate
just bought a Fender Hot Rod actually... :-)
The 40w HRD Combo? I have one myself- solid workhorse of an amp, but the drive channel is not too good. Better off using pedals on the clean channel.

I'd think it should be able to handle the task before you.

tell me about that 2nd channel
the "fun" part is that I bought it cos my 5150 had a shitty clean channel, but considering the weight and the price of boths amps added, a pain in the ass

I remember when I was kid , a friend had a valvestate 60 or something , that was awesome
actually it was not a valvestate, cant remember the, name, it was a low profile fender combo, with a nice clean and gorgeous disto
Last edited by phil123456789 at May 3, 2017,