I'm in the market for a new overdrive and was just hoping for some recommendations for pedals to try out. I'm running a telecaster into an AC30. I'm not looking too mimic anyones tone specifically, but I'm really trying to get something along the lines The Stooges Raw Power album. I've exclusively used a fulldrive 2 for years and i think it's just time for a change. I love the convenience of a built in boost but it's not totally necessary. As far as budget goes, I don't think I could ever justify spending more than 200 USD on a pedal and I'll almost certainly be buying used.

Thanks Guys
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I came here to suggest the FD2 until I read that you have one already. My AC30 loves the FD, maybe you might also consider the other versions- FD2 Mosfet, FD3, etc. Another option not listed above is the JHS Double Barrel.

Listening to that album, it sounds really raw and gritty. Maybe you would consider a fuzz as well?
do you want something tubescreamery or something flatter in the mids?

are you using it as a boost or a standalone od (or both)? or combining pedal dirt and amp dirt?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?