i install 10 - 46 string on my telecaster week ago , my first time install 10 - 46 (i use 9 - 42 string before )
* i'm kind of scare string broke btw , so replace the string are like nightmare for me
and there's always a big problem , after i install brand new strings
tune my guitar to standard tuning , this always happened to first ~ third string
the note are almost the standard note , but i can feel the string are getting tight and tight (especially on 10 - 46 string)
it feels like the strings are about to broke , or it's just my mentality problem , or i should just do it ?

and when i bend the string , i can't really bend one note on first string (same in 9-42 string)
it feesl like the string reach some kind of edge spot after i bend half note , and i need more power to bend it after half note
i'm really afraid that my string will broke
it's my mentality problem ? i've owned gibson lpj before and this happened to it

English is not my native language , hope you guys can understand
Quote by gibsonlpj1
English is not my native language , hope you guys can understand

10-46 strings will feel tighter/stiffer than 9-42 the bigger the string gage the more tension and tighter feel.

You will feel a difference when bending too it will be harder to do and will take a short time to get used to the new tension.

Also make sure you are not tuning an octave too high.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at May 4, 2017,
It's partly your mentality and probably partly the tuner that you're using. 

Get a tuner that will display the relevant *octave* of the note as you're bringing it up to pitch. 
Start with your low E string (E2=82.41Hz, A2=110Hz, D3=146.8Hz, G3=196Hz, B3=246.9Hz, E4=329.6Hz). 

The tuner should tell you that you're at E2, A2, D3, G3, B3 and E4. I've watched newbs tune a full octave too high because their tuners only told them "E". 
You can, of course, hit the 5th fret on your (correctly) tuned low E and match the A string to that as you come up. And so on.
dspellman 
yes and i'm using the tuner in pod hd300 , and i also got myself a tuner can display relevant 
my first string is in 324hz , but the tune knob become tight and tight 
so i should just keep tune it up to 329hz ?
Loosen them all and start over? Keep in mine the pitches noted by dspellman.
Flying in a blue dream
SanDune65 yes , but that'll be my last choice ,and i probably go with 9 42 string , for people who really afraid string broke , 10 46 is nightmare 
You shouldn't have any problems at all stringing up a Gibson LP (I'm assuming that's what you're tuning given your username) with a set of 10-46. That's actually the string gauge Gibson uses with every guitar it ships out. Assuming you're not tuning an octave up or anything dumb like that, you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever.

It's just that you're just so used to 9's that anything other than 9's feels totally foreign to you. You'll get used to it.

Set your tuner up so that A is set to 440hz (which is standard concert pitch) and tune the guitar as you normally would a set of 9's. In my experience 9's break way more easily than 10's do. Which is one of several reasons why I don't use them.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Just trust us and tune your guitar to 440 standard likeT00DEEPBLUE said. Like I told you previously the 10-46 IS going to feel different, stiffer and not just the strings themselves when you fret but the tuners when you tune just go ahead and tune it and give yourself time to get used to it.

I use 10-46 on 85% of the time with no issues. You should find they are more difficult to break than 9-42 they will just not feel the same.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

T00DEEPBLUE hah i bought my gibson lpj so i decide to use gibsonlpj this name 
i am install 10 46 on gl asat telecaster not lpj 
yeah i should get used to it , i guess i am too afraid the string will broke right in front of me 
people here are nice , thanks for everyone that reply
Quote by gibsonlpj1
T00DEEPBLUE hah i bought my gibson lpj so i decide to use gibsonlpj this name 
i am install 10 46 on gl asat telecaster not lpj 
yeah i should get used to it , i guess i am too afraid the string will broke right in front of me 
people here are nice , thanks for everyone that reply

String won't break just be brave you got this!
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

If you do break a string, act like you meant to do it and just keep on playing man. The last set I put on were Ernie Ball Super Slinky 10's, first time using EB's and it wont be the last.
Flying in a blue dream
you won't break a string with a 10 set unless there is something wrong with your guitar.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam