not kinda rare but definitely overpriced. Series 10 made budget copies of popular 80s guitars. they were korean made back before they got really good at it.  for $100 it may be worth it as it appears to be in good shape but i'd try for $75 as in the end it's just a cheap strat copy. 
monwobobbo I have to agree Seris 10 (by Bently) were cheapo budget copies of the 80's brand name metal guitars many with gawdy graphics, $100 tops but I wouldn't pay more than $75 for $100 you could save up another $50-$100 and pick up a used Yamaha Pacifica that will smoke that Series 10.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
monwobobbo I have to agree Seris 10 (by Bently) were cheapo budget copies of the 80's brand name metal guitars many with gawdy graphics, $100 tops but I wouldn't pay more than $75 for $100 you could save up another $50-$100 and pick up a used Yamaha Pacifica that will smoke that Series 10.

well i dunno i've played a number of Series 10 guitars over the years and none of them were awful. sure if you add more money he can get a better guitar. since we are talking $100 (hopefully less) he could do far worse. 
monwobobbo My thoughts were he could probably pick upma Pacifica for maybe $150 it will be newer and most likely in better condition Series 10 will have been around for a while and being a budget guitar not necessarily cared for as well as a higher priced guitar, it has been repainted so it looks nice but personally I'd be leary unless I could test it first.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge