Page 2 of 2
Quote by theogonia777
Facts about mainstream country through the years:

-Chris Stapleton is indeed very good.
-Zack Brown is alright but not great.
-Brad Paisley and Keith Urban are good guitar players but their music is terrible.

100%

-some of the neo-trad guys of the 90s like Allen Jackson and Doug Stone did real good honky-tonk revival.

Yooo. Now I got some sick stuff to listen to. Ty

-otherwise modern mainstream country (90s-today) is terrible.
-mainstream country of the 60s-80s was far more terrible.
-mainstream country producers from that era should be flogged for their tasteless use of reverb.
-80s country ballads are even worse than 80s pop ballads.

True

-Johnny Cash had some good songs but 90% of his catalog is horseshit.
-Merle Haggard had less good songs and like 95% of his catalog is horseshit.
-Willie Nelson is somewhere between Johnny and Merle.
-trucker country of the 70s was the best country but largely ignored by the mainstream.

agre

-Hank Williams is the only country musician with a solid discography all the way through.

Yes

-Even someone like Ernest Tubb, who was great, had some real bad songs.

yeah

Now I'm honky tonkin
Last edited by Duaneclapdrix at May 9, 2017,
Quote by TobusRex
Contemporary music keeps getting worse. 

what a surprising opinion from a generation who still think the beatles are the best thing since sliced bread
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse
what a surprising opinion from a generation who still think the beatles are the best thing since sliced bread

I think the entire conversation about "contemporary" music is becoming obsolete. All kinds of music are being made, and all of us have access to all of it all the time virtually free. When people talk about what's "contemporary", they're talking about what's on pop radio, which stopped being the monolithic face of music a long time ago. There is contemporary music you like--go find it.

(The Beatles are pretty great, though.)
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
I think the entire conversation about "contemporary" music is becoming obsolete. All kinds of music are being made, and all of us have access to all of it all the time virtually free. When people talk about what's "contemporary", they're talking about what's on pop radio, which stopped being the monolithic face of music a long time ago. There is contemporary music you like--go find it.

(The Beatles are pretty great, though.)

yea, this is the crucial thing that's misunderstood
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by whywefight
Who tf let all these old people in the pit and why hasnt everyone made fun of their dated opinions yet

We have
My God, it's full of stars!
yeah these fucking old people

dread and evilnine and tobus and all the other 40 year olds

go be old somewhere else
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by steve_muse

I think you are getting some generations mixed up. 
Quote by theogonia777

go be old somewhere else

rant much?
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

don't you have Bonanza reruns to watch on TV Land or tapioca pudding to make or a will to update

old man
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

go be old somewhere else

I'm starting to think that people actually DO think I'm old
My God, it's full of stars!
Page 2 of 2