I'm not big into guitar tech and whatnot, I just know how to play. I bought a Marshall code 50 back in late February/early March. For the first month or so, I would play for at least an hour, 5 days a week. About 2 or 3 weeks after I bought it, I noticed that when I palm mute, it sounds wrong. There's this sort of crunch sound rather than a nice chug like it was when I first used it. My old amp had this problem, but I can't remember if I fixed it or not. For whatever reason I didn't really look into this much even though it was bugging me. Now a few weeks ago, I noticed another problem. After an hour or so of playing, the sounds gets really bad. It's kinda watered down and the volume is a little lower. My volume is only around 1 or so, it's never too loud. If i turn the amp off and come back to playing the next day, it doesn't sound like that until i play it for a while. But I can't play guitar with something sounding like that. So I have a fairly new amp, crunchy palm mute sound, then after about an hour of playing, the volume is a little lower and it sounds pretty shitty.

Now unfortunately I don't have a recording, but I can try to get one later on.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Do you still have the return policy? Unlikely you still do after 2 months, but it's worth a shot.

How was the amp set up before you had this problem and what have you done differently since the problem started?

Have you moved the amp from it's original location in the room since the problem started?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Have you changed palms recently? 

There's also something called ear fatigue. Every single one of my amps sounds like that after an hour or two of playing. 
I've got all kinds of meters that say that everything is exactly the same, and a recording of the amp says nothing changed, but my ear sure thinks it has. 
b10g1296 The first problem may have just been speaker break-in. New speakers tend to "loosen up" as you play through them. I think it takes an average of 40 hours for a speaker to be "done" breaking in. The second problem may just be because you're learning the CODE series is not very good.
T00DEEPBLUE Got it in the mail, plugged it in, then for the next couple of hours, I just tried to find a sound I liked. So then for a few weeks, I never really touched any knobs or buttons. I haven't moved it an inch either.
Quote by b10g1296
T00DEEPBLUE Got it in the mail, plugged it in, then for the next couple of hours, I just tried to find a sound I liked. So then for a few weeks, I never really touched any knobs or buttons. I haven't moved it an inch either.

In that case I'd chalk it up to getting over the honeymoon period of owning a new amp and quickly realising that the CODE amps suck.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Lose the amp and get a real one.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Do you have your palm in the right spot? It should be on top of the bridge, not in front of it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by b10g1296
Cathbard I do. And just in case, I've tried pretty much every position.

"EVERY" position?