Hey y'all,

Been looking for this for a long time and I just can't find a pedal that I like.

My set up is 1) Xotic EP Boost 2) MXR Distortion 3) TC Chorus 4) Carbon Copy , and then tuner and loop.

In the #2 slot, I've also had a Blues Driver, DS-1, and a big muff and none of them really gave me what I wanted. I absolutely love the EP boost, but it's a little bit of a richer, fuller sound. I'm looking for something with some more gain to really cut through on lead bits. I do not want this pedal to play blues/rock leads, more like 90's indie/alternative/punk type stuff, no grunge, Jawbreaker/Pavement/Smashing Pumpkins-esque.

I play a SG '61 Reissue through a Vox AC30. Pretty loud 4 piece.

Some stuff I'm looking at trying:

Tube screamer? Figured I must
OCD
EHX Soul Food

The EP will stay my primary dirt pedal, but like I said, on certain lead sections I'd like a bit more gain without sounding "tinny" I call it ahah.

$100 used is pretty much my max unless there's a very compelling case.

Thanks!
Yorkeson

I was just looking at Billy Corgan's Rig Rundown, and he has a pedal that was custom built for him called the Bloody Fingers. He doesn't know what it does precisely, but he said it was the best pedal for lead tone he owned, and when pressed a bit, said it was kind of like Brian May's tone, but gainier.

That leads me to believe it's some kind of OD/treble booster.

Two you might look at are Catalinbread's Galileo and the Wampler Ace Thirty, a.k.a. the Thirty Something after being renamed for legal reasons. Both are probably out of your $100 price range, but I've seen used Galileos for @$150, and used Wamplers starting at @$130.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Another to look at is Catalinbread's Sabbra Cadabra is another good treble booster to consider. Used ones start @$130.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I diggg this Sabbra Cadabra, thanks dannyalcatraz

Got some really sweet dirty tones on chordage as well. I like the Ace 30, but I'm the kind of guy that doesn't like messing with more than 3 knobs if I don't have to.. throw in a switch and I'm out :p my board is pretty full as is, too.