I have a Squier Jazz Bass. Everything else works but the Tone Control does nothing. I got it completely stock, as the guy I got it from (who was new to playing) only played it a few times and never knew the tone control didn't work.
Tested the pot and it is fine. 250k pot. Tested the stock cap which was fine (although its actually .051 instead of .047) And if you look at the pic I soldered in temporarily an orange drop .047. I also added the blue wires in the picture though it should have been grounded through the metal plate. Nothing changes.
The volume pots work fine. No hum or other noise. I compared the wiring to a Fender Jazz bass I have and its now the same (after adding the blue wires) except the lugs on the tone control are revered but that shouldn't matter.
Anyone have any ideas what I am missing and why the tone control won't work???

It looks in the picture like the tone cap is wired to the middle lug of the tone control and the hot is on the right-hand lug. I'd swap those connections around. Even if you don't think it should matter, I would still do it the way the diagrams all say. I don't see what harm can be done.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It looks in the picture like the tone cap is wired to the middle lug of the tone control and the hot is on the right-hand lug.

Its reversed on my Fender American Jazz bass but that won't make a difference though I'll try it later. The way this bass is, is actually the standard for foreign-made Fenders and Squiers.
I tried switching the lugs on the tone pot but still doesn't work. Put the original cap back but it does test fine.
Here is a pic. Know some people say they tried what was suggested but don't

webjunk my sweethearts sibling just got a phenomenal cream Acura TSX just by some low maintenance working 

online with a portable PC... take a gander at here now............. WWW.99homejobs.COM
The wiring in the last pic looks like it should work. Have you tested the connection between the tone pot and volume pot?  It should read 0 ohms or very close to it.  If the resistance is more than a few ohms I'd replace that bit of wire and if that doesn't work replace the pot.  I know you said the pots reads what it should but if it's not the cap, and not the wire then the pot is the only thing it could be.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
. Have you tested the connection between the tone pot and volume pot?  It should read 0 ohms or very close to it.

Just retested to be sure both ground and hot connections and all good. I'm stumped.
Quote by webjunk
Just retested to be sure both ground and hot connections and all good. I'm stumped.

I'd change the pot then.  Sometimes the wiper connected to the center lug doesn't have enough spring in it or the carbon trace could be dirty.  It can make a pot test good with a multimeter but still not function properly.
Not taking any online orders.