Quote by j.pezzy77
I'm considering a new guitar to add to the arsenal but which one? Any words of wisdom?
Naming the models would be helpful, that way we can much more easily look into the specifics of each. In the meantime, what do you intend to play on them? How much are you likely to need the extra string on the Ibby?

Are you open to alternative suggestions? What is your current arsenal? What amp are you using?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at May 8, 2017,
Of the ones you showed in that pdf, I'd go LTD. I like their fender knock off stuff the best of those three.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Mainly metal but certainly not restricted to.
I went for a certain body shape obviously but within that realm I'd be open to suggestions. I have 8 guitars currently including two 7 strings. Various Ibanez & Schecters.
Correct answer: Charvel Style 2 Pro Mod

Boom.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
j.pezzy77 I would go for the Ibanez without a doubt. I have two questions for you.

.- Do they need to have active pickups? If not, go for the Ibanez FR6USC, more solid bridge, better pickups and more sound options. (http://www.ibanez.com/products/eg_detail17.php?year=2017&area_id=3&cat_id=1&series_id=6&data_id=251&color=CL01)

.- Do you want 6 or 7 strings? Only the Ibanez that you posted has 7 strings, but there is a 6 string version of that one, the FRIX6FEAH. (http://www.ibanez.com/products/eg_detail17.php?year=2017&area_id=3&cat_id=1&series_id=6&data_id=252&color=CL01)
Last edited by waltervt at May 9, 2017,
j.pezzy77 Another question. Do you want a fixed bridge, or tremolo. Because the Charvel has a Floyd Rose type, while the others are hard tails.
Location?

Budget?

Current Rig (amp/effects)?

Can you narrow down the genre? Meostly metal is vague at best. (being band specific will help)

Tremolo or no tremolo?

Are you willing to buy used?

If so is there a used market in your locale?
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

well since you have no budget you should just get a mayones legend
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
The Carvin TL60 is a neck-through tele with 24 frets. 
The Agile Texan is a seven-string tele. 
Quote by j.pezzy77
...the plot thickens.

Why not maple fretboard on the Charvel?

That's like the best part.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Make that a solid white Charvel and you're golden.
Quote by TheSennaj
Ok kids.....

Do I use a tremelo? Yes.
Do I absolutely REQUIRE one on my 9th axe? Not really. But if it has one all the better.

I'm not gigging, I'll be playing all styles however Metal is my preference. ALL METAL, from prog to death depending....
The purpose of this post was to unearth potential alternatives to the three guitars I had originally outlined. The only requisite was body shape as I do not currently own a guitar in this style & like the design.

Other than that, I will choose the best option re: budget, quality, hardware based on availability.
Quote by j.pezzy77
T00DEEPBLUE, you're very demanding....... you would make a good wife.

If you're complaining that I'm too demanding, then it must suck to be your wife.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by TheSennaj

To answer new or used, this guitar was $82 & is my favorite playing instrument.
(Excuse the dreadful improvisation)