Just got back from the shop after getting this beauty set up. I've never spent nearly this much on an instrument ($3000+ USD for a used guitar), and WOW I've really never played anything like it!

For my review of this instrument, I think it would be most useful to compare it to the LTD EC-1000, and the E-II Eclipse. I have owned both of them, and many players will want to know the differences between price points and quality.

The LTD version of this guitar can be set up to be just as playable as the E-II and Custom versions, but comes with LTD-branded hardware that isn't nearly as nice as the very high quality feeling Gotoh components used in the higher end guitars.
When you move up to the price point of the E-II, you get a piece of wood that feels much more resonant, and really sings. The LTD doesn't have as musical a quality when played acoustically.
At the Custom Shop level, the guitar is not only functional, but also gorgeous, this has a 5A Flamed Maple top that is half an inch thick, it's not only beautiful, but adds a bit of treble to the response of the instrument. I doubt I would even take this guitar to a club gig, because I wouldn't want it to get scratched up. As far as functionality, I think this guitar also sounds better than it's counterparts. Seymour Duncan APH-1 pickup set is much more harmonic and dynamic than the EMG 81/60 set or the Duncan JB/Jazz pickups they put in the lower price point guitars.

Sorry for poor quality pictures. I may own nice guitars, but I don't have a nice camera.

ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Sweet, like that color! Cool to see one of these in a more "suave" bling.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Awesome.

It isn't entirely my thing, but I'm glad they didn't drown it in abalone like they do with most of the EC-1000's either.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Awesome.

It isn't entirely my thing, but I'm glad they didn't drown it in abalone like they do with most of the EC-1000's either.

Gah, when I gigged my metalcore act it was a fucking sea of of abolone Schecters and LTDs. Dark times...
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Gah, when I gigged my metalcore act it was a fucking sea of of abolone Schecters and LTDs. Dark times...

Would you like some dyed rosewood inlays with that abalone fretboard?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
nastytroll

C'mon, dude! Threadcrapping in someone's NGD?

This is definitely one of those "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything" situations.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Great looking guitar! I have yet to play an actual ESP but it is on my short list of guitars to buy/play. Congrats to you!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
wow
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice guitar.  Japenese ESP's are nice.  I think now is the time to buy them before you can't even find them anymore cause all you see are the (I hear inferior) E-II's or the, I suspect much pricier, made in USA models. 

How is the neck joint and overall neck on that thing? I would probably play that guitar over a Gibson, but I suspect most people wouldn't so the resale value on that is probably not that great.  That of course doesn't matter if you plan on keeping it. 
Quote by risingforce1
Nice guitar.  Japenese ESP's are nice.  I think now is the time to buy them before you can't even find them anymore cause all you see are the (I hear inferior) E-II's

ESP owners perpetuate that myth to drive the perceived value of their guitars up so they make more money on a sale. E-II's are no better or worse built than the ESP-banded guitars they replaced.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Lovely top on that HNGD!
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Congrats she's a beauty!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Nice guitar, that looks like a good score for $3k. 
Strandberg Boden 8-String Ibanez RG2228
Fender HM Strat ESP Horizon-II Five-String Bass
Roland TD-30K Mesa Boogie Mark V:25
EVH5150III 50-Watt Yamaha Motif Rack XS
Access Virus TI Snow Polyend Perc Pro