Page 1 of 2
Is "Nixonian" a real word? If not, I'm inventing it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/us/politics/james-comey-fired-fbi.html

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Tuesday fired the director of the F.B.I., James B. Comey, abruptly terminating the leader of a wide-ranging criminal investigation into whether Mr. Trump’s advisers colluded with the Russian government to steer the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.

The stunning development in Mr. Trump’s nascent presidency drew comparisons to President Richard M. Nixon’s infamous “Saturday Night Massacre,” in which Nixon purged the Justice Department in the middle of the Watergate investigation. Mr. Trump’s move immediately ignited Democratic calls for an independent prosecutor to lead the Russia probe.

Mr. Trump explained the firing by citing Mr. Comey’s controversial handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server, even though the president was widely seen to have benefited from that inquiry. Mr. Trump had also once praised Mr. Comey for being “gutsy” in pursuit of Mrs. Clinton during the campaign.
Death to Ovation haters!
Donald Trump is a good man.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Hopefully we'll get a special prosecutor in there to take over the investigation, but at this point, who knows. Fingers crossed for the FBI leaking what they inevitably have on Trump and Russia if things go south from here.
The way he handled everything would of got anyone fired. The republican side was upset when he failed to bring charges on clinton, the democrats said he cost them the election with reopening the case so close to the election. Both sides disliked him at one point or another, but now it looks as if theres some cover up when it should of happened the day after he got in office.
Comey getting fired is a decent move, but not enough yet. But yeah, it was a good move on Trump's part. One down, two to go!

Oh God, if this thread becomes a dump for right-wing Twitter troll memes, I'm so sorry.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
Oh God, if this thread becomes a dump for right-wing Twitter troll memes, I'm so sorry.

Yes, you are sorry
Quote by Fat Lard
Yes, you are sorry

The elementary school kids I work with use this on the playground. Troll better.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
The elementary school kids I work with use this on the playground. Troll better.

Your response to an image with facts on it was "meme" (one that doesn't even mention that Comey's brother was the auditor of the Clinton Foundation). You're the child here.
Last edited by Fat Lard at May 9, 2017,
Quote by CaptainRon
Trump could be streaming himself burning the original constitution and the "white lower middle class americans' would still find a way to justify it.

And so, more importantly, would the Republicans in Congress. They're the ones who matter, and it seems unlikely that any Trump ethics question is going to cause enough trouble for them (especially those in the House, that is, the ones who would have to start the impeachment process) to make it worth their while to go after him. They're certainly not going to do anything before a health care law is passed.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by Fat Lard
Your response to an image with facts on it was "meme" (one that doesn't even mention that Comey's brother was the auditor of the Clinton Foundation). You're the child here.

So you follow a playround-caliber insult with "nuh-uh you are". That's all I need to know about talking to you. Goodbye. Have a nice life.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
So you follow a playround-caliber insult with "nuh-uh you are". That's all I need to know about talking to you. Goodbye. Have a nice life.

Um, wow, insulting the way I respond to an insult of yours? Yeah, umm, that's not how it works sweetie. Don't even try to post anything against this decision by Trump, because I'm totally not going to listen to it due to this. I'm, like, way too above that. *blocked*
Why is this its own separate thread? Every little breath about Trump liberals throw up as the "AH HA! THIS WILL FINALLY EXPOSE HIM!" headline and this might be the most pathetic one yet. FFS you idiots. Yes he's like Carmine Falcone from Batman! I bet Comey was just about to leak something big too!
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Carnivean
Why is this its own separate thread? Every little breath about Trump liberals throw up as the "AH HA! THIS WILL FINALLY EXPOSE HIM!" headline and this might be the most pathetic one yet. FFS you idiots. Yes he's like Carmine Falcone from Batman! I bet Comey was just about to leak something big too!

No matter what your political opinions are, the President suddenly firing an FBI director who is in the process of investigating his campaign is a big, major news story. What news is threadworthy if this isn't?

EDIT: And no, I don't think anything with "finally expose" Trump. The GOP-controlled Congress will stand by him no matter what, unless he disparages guns or suggests raising taxes on rich people. He's going to be President at least until January 2021, and possibly longer--it's hard to imagine the people who voted for him weren't prepared for exactly this kind of outcome.
Death to Ovation haters!
Last edited by PatchworkMan at May 9, 2017,
Quote by PatchworkMan
No matter what your political opinions are, the President suddenly firing an FBI director who is in the process of investigating his campaign is a big, major news story. What news is threadworthy if this isn't?

EDIT: And no, I don't think anything with "finally expose" Trump. The GOP-controlled Congress will stand by him no matter what, unless he disparages guns or suggests raising taxes on rich people. He's going to be President at least until January 2021, and possibly longer--it's hard to imagine the people who voted for him weren't prepared for exactly this kind of outcome.

Yeah its a big news story only if you sincerely believe in this burnt-out conspiracy theory which is filled to the brim with bitter, sore-loser bullshit.  There is no evidence whatsoever. And trump didn't suddenly fire anyone. He's been in office for months now. 
Quote by Overlord
Hopefully he appoints a banker or family member to run the FBI
Quote by Carnivean
 Yeah its a big news story only if you sincerely believe in this burnt-out conspiracy theory which is filled to the brim with bitter, sore-loser bullshit.  There is no evidence whatsoever.

If you don't think the President firing an FBI director who is actually in the process of investigating his campaign is news, then I'm not sure there's anything more I can say to you. It's fucking news, bro. It just is.
And trump didn't suddenly fire anyone. He's been in office for months now. 

I'm not sure you understand what suddenly means. It is possible for a President who's been in office a few months to do something suddenly.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by WaterGod
Hopefully he appoints a banker or family member to run the FBI

Rumor has it the frontrunner is a guy who showed up to his last rally wearing a Female Body Inspector shirt.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
If you don't think the President firing an FBI director who is actually in the process of investigating his campaign is news, then I'm not sure there's anything more I can say to you. It's fucking news, bro. It just is.

I'm not sure you understand what suddenly means. It is possible for a President who's been in office a few months to do something suddenly.

Okay what makes it suddenly then? There's so much suddenness guys! It's just sudden. Don't you think? Like, Idk, totally sudden. Can it get any more sudden than this, guys? Sudden!

And yes, everything the president does is news. But only people either trying to push a sore-loser conspiracy crap about Russia involvement or who sincerely believe in it will try to push it as suggesting of a cover up or something bigger than just firing. But if it's just some ho-hum piece of presidential news then why are you making a separate thread for it? 
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean

Okay what makes it suddenly then? There's so much suddenness guys! It's just sudden. Don't you think? Like, Idk, totally sudden. Can it get any more sudden than this, guys? Sudden!

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sudden?s=t
adjective
happening, coming, made, or done quickly, without warning, or unexpectedly:
a sudden attack.

^^^
I'd say this qualifies. In fact, this decision was made so quickly and so unexpectedly that Comey himself found out on the news.
And yes, everything the president does is news. But only people either trying to push a sore-loser conspiracy crap about Russia involvement or who sincerely believe in it will try to push it as suggesting of a cover up or something bigger than just firing. But if it's just some ho-hum piece of presidential news then why are you making a separate thread for it? 

I repeat: if you really don't understand why, regardless of details, the President firing an FBI director who is actively investigating his campaign is a major news story, then there's nothing more I can say to you. Have a nice night.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by Carnivean

I don't understand why you can't grasp the concept behind the word sudden (def:  occurring or done quickly and unexpectedly or without warning). FBI directors serve 10 year terms so that they work throughout multiple administrations. The last director was fired by Bill Clinton after being shown to avoid certain tax payments. The fact that Trump fired Comey from a recommendation earlier today from AG Sessions after he was forced to recuse himself from the investigation into Trump meets the certain word choice. 

"Sore-loser conspiracy crap" lol pizzagate is conspiracy crap, this is a confirmed FBI investigation into it with loads of evidence, ie Flynn and Manafort.
Quote by PatchworkMan
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sudden?s=t
adjective
happening, coming, made, or done quickly, without warning, or unexpectedly:
a sudden attack.

^^^
I'd say this qualifies. In fact, this decision was made so quickly and so unexpectedly that Comey himself found out on the news.

I repeat: if you really don't understand why, regardless of details, the President firing an FBI director who is actively investigating his campaign is a major news story, then there's nothing more I can say to you. Have a nice night.

Wow Comey didn't know in advance that he was gonna get fired? Shit! That's sudden! Okay, you're right, somethings up. If you don't know in advance that you're going to get fired then, by god, your boss might be working for the Russians. You know he's not working for the Russians when he tells you you are getting fired at least 2 weeks in advance (EVERY FIRING IS SUDDEN). Man this wouldn't be such big news if it wasn't so incredibly sudden. It's SOOO sudden. Comey didn't even have a vision of himself getting fired first. What does THAT tell you? Bam, my ability to provide a dictionary definition of the word sudden, 28 synonyms and antonyms of the word sudden from the thesaurus, and then directly watch the classic 1950s gangster movie Suddenly! starring Frank Sinatra and Sterling Hayden proves that it's sudden. 
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean
Wow Comey didn't know in advance that he was gonna get fired? Shit! That's sudden! Okay, you're right, somethings up. If you don't know in advance that you're going to get fired then, by god, your boss might be working for the Russians. You know he's not working for the Russians when he tells you you are getting fired at least 2 weeks in advance (EVERY FIRING IS SUDDEN). Man this wouldn't be such big news if it wasn't so incredibly sudden. It's SOOO sudden. Comey didn't even have a vision of himself getting fired first. What does THAT tell you? Bam, my ability to provide a dictionary definition of the word sudden, 28 synonyms and antonyms of the word sudden from the thesaurus, and then directly watch the classic 1950s gangster movie Suddenly! starring Frank Sinatra and Sterling Hayden proves that it's sudden. 

No, that's not evidence that he colluded with Russians during his campaign, but it does look extremely suspicious does it not? Here's some well presented ties that might indicate why the FBI is choosing to investigate him, but you seem like you're more of an infowars type of guy so in that case, have fun with your head in the sand.
Quote by PatchworkMan
Carnivean Good night. Please don't tag me in this conversation anymore.

Sure, and if you have better argument than "Well, Comey didn't know beforehand!" along with the definition of 'sudden' then I'll be here willing to listen.  
Quote by Overlord
you're all ridiculous and embarrassing people
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
you're all ridiculous and embarrassing people

Guilty as charged. I should have known better than to even make this thread. I have no excuses.
Death to Ovation haters!
Didnt Trump say before he was even elected president he would be looking for new leadership for the fbi? Like I said earlier both parties at certain times did not like Comey. Letting Clinton walk after her "carelessness" was the final nail in the coffin for him.
Quote by 33db
I don't see what the big deal is, Clinton did the same thing.

" Mr. Sessions had been cited for ethical lapses, including taking free  trips on F.B.I. aircraft and using government money to build a $10,000  fence at his home. Mr. Sessions was asked to resign, and was fired when  he refused to do so. " (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/us/politics/fbi-director-firing-saturday-night-massacre.html?_r=0, on Bill's firing of him)

Trump fired Comey for apparently mishandling the (Hillary) Clinton investigation...quite different things considering I'd trust the Bureau's knowledge of the Clinton scandal over Trump's. 
Quote by N8dagreat3
Didnt Trump say before he was even elected president he would be looking for new leadership for the fbi? Like I said earlier both parties at certain times did not like Comey. Letting Clinton walk after her "carelessness" was the final nail in the coffin for him.

If this was really about that, wouldn't Trump have fired Comey right away, back when Clinton was still in the news? Besides, Trump openly praised Comey's handling of the Clinton case.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
If this was really about that, wouldn't Trump have fired Comey right away, back when Clinton was still in the news? Besides, Trump openly praised Comey's handling of the Clinton case.

Only after he reopened it did he say anything positive. The logic to fire Comey because he has some secret information about Trump isn't a good one. If there is some damning information Comey is surely not the only one in the bureau to have knowledge of it. And firing the leader of the fbi would only lead agents to come forward. Trump didn't get to the heights he did for being dumb. He doesnt want the fbi as an enemy.
carnivean and fat lard are hardly people when it comes to these issues. pretty much everyone thinks they're dumb

i think we can all bond over that regardless of political affiliation
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Page 1 of 2