I have a Fender Strat Pro HSS with stock pickups, there was a local posting of brand new SD Hot rails and JB Jr humbuckers (set of 3) for only $140. Should I upgrade my pickups? For those who have had these pups, were you still able to get a "strat" tone? I'll use this guitar to play blues, country, pop, hardrock/somewhat metal tone. Thanks for all the advice.
SD Hotrails are singlecoil-sized humbuckers. They may clean up nicely, but won't sound like singlecoils.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
SD Hotrails are singlecoil-sized humbuckers. They may clean up nicely, but won't sound like singlecoils.

that being said, they actually split reasonably well. but i agree, if you know you want single coil tones, there are better options.

if it's already HSS i'd just get the regular JB for the bridge position.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
tabooyd

We should ask: what is it you seek to do with a pickup swap? Change tones? Improve what you have?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by tabooyd
I have a Fender Strat Pro HSS with stock pickups, there was a local posting of brand new SD Hot rails and JB Jr humbuckers (set of 3) for only $140. Should I upgrade my pickups? For those who have had these pups, were you still able to get a "strat" tone? I'll use this guitar to play blues, country, pop, hardrock/somewhat metal tone. Thanks for all the advice.

Don't do it - you'll lose the magic of the neck single coil which is really the whole point of owning a Strat. I would keep it as is. If you don't like your tone, get a new amp. 
dannyalcatraz I just wanted to change the stock pickups, but would want to keep a "strat" tone. So I guess these pickups are not what I am looking for
Nope.

But there are all kinds of good upgrades available out there. But you'd want to have a plan, a target tone in mind before you commit to a purchase. And a budget.

Quote by tabooyd
dannyalcatraz I just wanted to change the stock pickups, but would want to keep a "strat" tone. So I guess these pickups are not what I am looking for

Look at Suhr pickups - they're punchier but still sound like single coils - check out any videos of their guitars - there's a nice snap to them.

There are a ton of good replacement pickups for HSS guitars, just avoid "single coil sized humbuckers" and you'll be fine.
Yep!

Besides Suhr, there's Rio Grande, Lace, Vintage Vibe, Wilde, Lollar, Kent Armstrong, The Creamery, Bareknuckle and many more.

If you want a hotter humbucker sound, and want to get rid of any sort of Strat sound, they are great- that is what they are designed for. You can, however, wire them to a switch for each pickup which will wire them in prallel, and they should work better then...but they still don't sound like a Strat to me (that might be your point). 
Dave @ Seymour Duncan