Well I am searching for a new guitar (coming from the horrible jackson js11) and thus far 2 guitars really caught my eye ! The stagg z600qm(260$) and the ibanez grg170dx(258$) . Which one would you suggest and do you have any other recommendations? I am looking for something with a humbacker and a single coil (HSS/HSH/HH with coil tapping). Regarding the design , i would prefer different shapes on the fretboard but it is not a dealbreaker.. Thanks for your time
Last edited by haristsitsi2001 at May 10, 2017,
I own both Jackson and Ibanez.  I think you're just going to get into one pile of sh*t to step into another.  Both the JS ans GIO series are good guitars for their price point, but still junk in my book, and it sounds like you agree; at least with the Jackson.  You're better off saving a bit of money and picking up either an older MIJ Jackson or Ibanez.  The prices can range wildly for these, but you can often find them for under $500, sometimes even in the $300 range.  

Both Jackson and Ibanez also make guitars in Indonesia that are even less expensive.  The Jackson are not so great IMHO.  The Ibanez Premium series that are made in Indo, however, are very good quality.
I am still kind of a beginner and i dont think i need a 500$ guitar . I just need something better than the js11 (just like u said goof for price point but still not a good guitar) that is equipped with a single coil. Something for versatile. I was not planning on getting a jackson again because there is no single coil model in my price range . My budget caps at around 300-350 $ just so you know. 
Well the JS and GIO are probably the best in that price range unfortunately.  But again, you're not going to get better quality from the GIO than you have in that JS.  

Your best bet is to be patient, and search for a used MIJ Jackson DK2; most are HSS.  They pop up within your price range from time to time.  Just keep an eye on CL, ebay, Guitar Center Used, Music Go Round, Reverb, etc.  I wouldn't be surprised if you looked right now and found one or two in that price range right now.

*And I personally wouldn't touch a STAGG with a pirates syphilitic pecker. 
Xander_X well i live in greece and unfortunately i cant use those sites. I did however find a rg370dx for 280$ . (The dk2 costs 680$ here and 600$ used) 
Quote by haristsitsi2001
Xander_X well i live in greece and unfortunately i cant use those sites. I did however find a rg370dx for 280$ . (The dk2 costs 680$ here and 600$ used) 

The RG370DX would be a step above the GIO.  They were made in both Korea and Indo, depending on the year.  For the DK2, are you talking about the currently made ones?  They're been making DK2's since the late 90's.  You would want a MIJ one, Late 90's - around 2010 or so.  Can't remember when they stopped making them in Japan.
Xander_X Well i couldnt find any late 90's - 2010 models . The one i mentioned is the 2015 one . I might go for the used rg370dx . Seems like a pretty good deal to me (made in korea)
My first guitar was a gio and it was alright but the tuners were bad.
id just rent a guitar 
27mMoV31II7.a2
Antimage27 i dont think i am able to rent a guitar in my country . I will see what i am going to do . The pacifica 311h (hs , comes with p90) is a good choice too. I will try all those guitars out and make up my mind 
Last edited by haristsitsi2001 at May 11, 2017,