Hey everyone,

I recently bought a new computer, and everything works great, except, I've run into a bit of an annoyance recently.

The annoyance is when it comes to listening to music and surfing the internet at the same time. When I listen to music, and while a web page loads it will distort the music terribly and slow it down, like the computer is really struggling to do the two things at once. The computer shouldn't have any trouble doing this. It's a brand new Acer with windows 10, 12 GB of RAM, and a 3.2 GHz Quad Core processor.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and more importantly how to fix it? its extremely annoying!
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
Have you updated your audio drivers? Have you updated your browser?
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Thanks for the suggestions.

I have my audio coming through my HDMI port from my video card. Woud it be my video card that needs to be updated or my audio drivers?
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
Led Head

Since it's going through HDMI I'd guess it's tied to the graphics card driver, but I'm not 100% on that. Do you have a an actual GPU or is it integrated?

Regardless I'd try both.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at May 10, 2017,
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge