Hi,

I have a problem. When I listen to my amplifier through my SM57 with my headphones plugged in to my audio interface, it sounds exactly how I want it to be.
When I record my guitar and listen to it afterwards, it sounds completely different (in a negative way).

Does the DAW (In my case Audacity) have influence to the sound?

Greetings
Ochsenseppl
1) Typically no - the Daw shouldn't affect the sound.  Try Reaper DAW and see if you get the same result ( demo is free ). 

2) If your amp is in the same room as your computer then the amp sound is going to bleed into your headphones and you won't be hearing an accurate portrait of the recorded sound while playing ( you'll be hearing a beefier doubled up version). It's important to keep that in mind. 
Recorded sounds often aren't exactly the same. You have to use less distortion than you think. Is there other instruments involved? This to can have an effect.
reverb66 Thank you, I definitely will check out Reaper.
Yes, my amp is in the same room as my computer, but I also thought that this could be an issue. I have connected my wireless system and walked out of the room with my headphones on. The sound was huge until I recorded it. So that is not the problem.
monwobobbo Thanks for your reply. The distortion is not my problem, its all about the high frequencies. The sound is getting terribly fizzy when I record it.
It also sounds very weak if you compare it to the sound from my audio interface.

No, its just the guitar.
What are your headphones plugged into, the interface or your computer? The interface may be putting out a stronger or weaker signal than what you are recording in Audacity. Does the wave file you are recording in Audacity look big and normal or small and weak. That would be an issue with either the level you have set in Audacity or the output of your interface. Level matching can be an issue. Just a thought. 
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at May 10, 2017,
Quote by Rickholly74
What are your headphones plugged into, the interface or your computer? The interface may be putting out a stronger or weaker signal than what you are recording in Audacity. Does the wave file you are recording in Audacity look big and normal or small and weak. That would be an issue with either the level you have set in Audacity or the output of your interface. Level matching can be an issue. Just a thought. 

i'll add to this. when i record what i hear in my headphones vs what i hear once i burn a cd and play it through a stereo are often way different.