Good Evening,

I have had my Vypyr for a long ass time now and i love that thing to death, but i want to convert it into a head. I've seen a few articles on the matter and it looks pretty straight forward.

My question is can i just use the Cab Extension output that is already in the Amp or do I have to use the cables that used to connected to the speaker? I haven't seen anything specific on the matter and from what I have found it I just use the Cab out plug, I could blow up my tubes if i turn it on without a cab being connected.

I just would like some clarification.

Thanks!
If you're going to convert the combo into a head anyway, its best to just add a 1/4" jack to the end of the speaker wire and use it like you would any other speaker cable.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
T00DEEPBLUE 
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
If you're going to convert the combo into a head anyway, its best to just add a 1/4" jack to the end of the speaker wire and use it like you would any other speaker cable.

So just solder a 1/4 output and call it a day?
Sure.

Just make a note of the impedance of the amp if the impedance is not selectable though. It's easy to check by measuring the impedance of the cabinet it was once connected to with a multimeter.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
So, im not quite understanding what you mean. The extension plug says output is 8 Ohms and im going to assume that the 16 Ohms is from the speaker (because it says that on it)? 

Also, does that mean that i need to match the output when I get cab?
If the impedance of the amp's output is 8 Ohms, then any cabinet that is at least 60 watts and 8 ohms impedance will work fine.

You can also run a 16 ohm cabinet with that amp. You'll get a drop in volume, but that doesn't do any harm.

The only thing you don't want to do is plug the amp into a cabinet that has an impedance of less than 8 ohms. Or use a cabinet that has an RMS power rating that's lower than 60 watts.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R