What is the difference between humbuckers that say they are for a stratocaster and ones made for a less paul?
Pole spacing is slightly different. Not sure if that makes a discernible difference in tone, though.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thanks yos . I have heard the pole spacing is different. I would like to know what the pole spacing is for both. Just for kicks. More importantly though i am hoping the mounting screw spacing is the same. If anyone has both, could you give a quick measure from the screw with the spring on it to the other screw with a spring on it?
geo-rage
49mm for Gibby spacing, 52.6 for "trembuckers", as Seymour Duncan call them. The only difference is the poles; they fit in the same routs and the same mounts.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Oh thats awesome. So "hot rail" pickupsups should fit in both. Thanks again. I got some routs to mounts right now.
geo-rage
Uhh, hang on - is the idea to put a singlecoil-sized humbucker in a standard Gibson-sized rout or ring? Because I can imagine that being more of an issue, though I'm not sure.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Humbuckers made for LP's will fit into a strat made for humbucker.  The string spacing is wider on the fender spaced pickups but they overall size of the bassplate is the same.  I generally recommend gibson spaced pickups even if you put them in a strat.  The bigger coils on the feder spaced pickups effects tone.  Most humbuckers are designed with gibson spacing in mind so the gibson spaced humbuckers usually sound better.  This isn't tru for every pickup and every application but it is generally true.  The strings not lining up with the tops of the poles isn't a big deal as long as you are within a couple mm of centered.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
geo-rage
Uhh, hang on - is the idea to put a singlecoil-sized humbucker in a standard Gibson-sized rout or ring? Because I can imagine that being more of an issue, though I'm not sure.
no i found some rail humbuckers which havent artived yet. But they might even be 2 hot rails stuck together for all i know. The listing said fits a strat. And i was like,,they dont have pole pieces tho. So its just a waiting game to see if they fit the les paul pickup-rings.