What is your favorite holiday/the holiday you look forward to the most?

Poll: Give me chicken, give me liver, Meow Mix, Meow Mix, please deliver
Poll Options
View poll results: Give me chicken, give me liver, Meow Mix, Meow Mix, please deliver
Birthday (yours or someone else's)
5 22%
Epiphany
0 0%
Super Bowl Sunday
1 4%
Groundhog Day
0 0%
Mardi Gras
0 0%
Valentine's Day
1 4%
March Break
0 0%
Holi
0 0%
St. Patrick's Day
2 9%
April Fools
0 0%
Opening Day
0 0%
420 / Hitler's Birthday
2 9%
Walpurgisnacht, Beltane, etc.
0 0%
Earth Day/Arbor Day
1 4%
Easter/Passover
1 4%
Star Wars Day
2 9%
Cinco de Mayo
1 4%
Mother's Day :daisy:
0 0%
Ramadan
0 0%
Eid al-Fitr
0 0%
Father's Day
0 0%
Canada Day
0 0%
Independance Day
2 9%
Labor Day
2 9%
Oktoberfest :cheers:
1 4%
Leif Eriksson Day
1 4%
Diwali
1 4%
Yom Kippur
0 0%
Thanksgiving (putting it before Halloween where it's supposed to be) :upto:
2 9%
Halloween
7 30%
Hanukkah/Christmas (Eve)/Festivus/Decemberween
7 30%
Kwanzaa
0 0%
Boxing Day
0 0%
New Tear's Eve
2 9%
Give TS Ten Dollars Day
2 9%
Other
4 17%
Voters: 23.

Definitely Halloween for me.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Whichever one gives me the longest holidays.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The day that I will end it all and finally be free from this wretched life.
"I feel like a one legged cat trying to bury a turd in a frozen pond."

DANMARK ØDELÆGGER ALLE
My birthday is always fun because it corresponds with Independence Day so it's almost like the whole country is celebrating my birthday. Good times...
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
I dont see Purge Night on the list?
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
Nostalgia night (24th August in Uruguay).
Everybody plays retro music: funkies, disco, old cumbia, old plenas. You dance all night, and party all night. The next day is a holiday where nobody has to work, so you can party all night without a worry in the world. You may even wear costumes if you like. There are no other strings attached, no family dinners, no trips or anything like that, the whole holiday is about partying, and partying with old music.
I fucking love the Summer and Winter Holidays. Also my birthday.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I picked:

My birthday
Valentine's Day
Earth Day
DIWALI
winter holidays (meant to pick boxing day too but I forgot)
And Other (for other holidays)
cat
Bonus for December is that I get to celebrate both Hanukkah and Christ's Mass.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Australia Day
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Easy. Thanksgiving because of acceptable overeating and St Pattys/New years because of acceptable alcoholism.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

of course
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
As an adult, 4th of July. Only day its perfectly acceptable to get hammered and blow things up
2nd would be halloween, just because the girls dress slutty

Birthdays and christmas as a kid. I dont think ive celebrated a birthday in like 3 years. Aside from my family wanting nothing to do with me I dont really understand celebrating birthdays as an adult. I honestly did absolutely nothing to receive any presents. I think your birthday should just take over mother and fathers day. Really I should be buying (if they were still around) them gifts on my birthday. They put in the work not me.
It's mostly late october/early november I look forward to. It's easily my favourite time of year.

But I very much enjoy Christmas. While I'm not really engaged with the traditional aspects of it, I love the more classical visual design employed around that time of year, the food is great, the wine and cakes are GREAT, everyone's nice to one another (>implying) and you get to sit down and spend time together wrapped up and watching tv under firelight.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Halloween for me, mostly due to the nostalgia of trick or treating as a child.

The strangest one is Cinco De Mayothe fifth of May an annual celebration held on May 5. The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza. Although it is observed more in the U.S. (mostly as a reason to drink and get totally shitfaced) than it is in Mexico.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Random3
I only know what half of those are.

What the hell is march break, Walpurgisnacht, CInco de Mayo, Eid al-Fitr, Canada Day, Labor Day, Leif Eriksson Day, Diwali, Yom Kippur and Kwanza?

Walpurgnisnacht is sort of like a witches' and warlocks' night. Cinco de Mayo is as described above. Eid marks the end of the Islamic fasting month. Canada Day is a Day commemorating Canada (surprise surprise), Labour Day honours workers' rights the world over, not sure about Leif Eriksson day, Diwali is a Hindu festival, Yom Kippur is Jewish IIRC and Kwanza honours African heritage in Afro-American culture. 
Strandberg Boden 8-String Ibanez RG2228
Fender HM Strat ESP Horizon-II Five-String Bass
Roland TD-30K Mesa Boogie Mark V:25
EVH5150III 50-Watt Yamaha Motif Rack XS
Access Virus TI Snow Polyend Perc Pro
I'm going to start celebrating el 16 de septiembre.

#KickOutWhitey #Reconquista

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by N8dagreat3
I honestly did absolutely nothing to receive any presents. I think your birthday should just take over mother and fathers day. Really I should be buying (if they were still around) them gifts on my birthday. They put in the work not me.
YES! I thought I was the only one who thought this.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
i guess christmas cuz i get a week of PTO
Check out my band Disturbed
Probably Halloween because that's the one night a year, gig or not, I dress up either as some other guy whose obscure but relatively famous, or as a Five Nights as Freddy's nightmare, or something else I think is funny, and really get in character.

It used to be "St. Wireless Day" - just what is St. Wireless Day you ask?  It's St. Patrick's Day - usually a week or two after my last wireless system dies (it was like an annual thing in Smokin' 66') - I'd get drunk on Irish Car Bombs and run all over the practice space, inside and outside, stretching the wireless to it's spatial limits.  I once saved us a call to the police by being in the front yard playing guitar with the wireless (everyone was on the 2nd floor), it turned it from annoying to the neighbors to rather amusing.....thiis long haired lunatic running down the street playing solos and stuff, LOL.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
None,

In fact I'm so indifferent to Holidays that I volunteer to work on all of them now.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
halloween is the best
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank