The knob has completely broken of and there is nothing to be able to turn left.

I think it's called a potentiometer? Where can I get a replacement part? Both the potentiometer and knob ?
Guitarplayer452 Yes it is a potentiometer. If you can find a schematic of the CS-3 you could find the value and possibly part listing for that pot. You could also open up your CS-3 to find the information. Probably your biggest hurdle will be finding the exact size, pots vary in size.

Another option is just to get another CS-3. They can be found for $50 USD used all day. If you do not have any experience with pedal/electronics repair it may just be easier to get another CS-3. Although a pot replacement could be a good place to start.
CodeMonk 

+1 that is where i would start looking.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Guitarplayer452
Anyone know where I can het the exact part? I ordered some and they are the wrong physical size

exactly what and where did you get? where did you get it from. could you get a pic.

last time i checked out smallbear they would of had a direct fit for most boss stuff.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
While I agree with the knowledgeable posters above, I'm going to move this to a forum where you might get even more help.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thread was moved to forum: Gear Building & Customizing
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

trashedlostfdup i bought it off ebay, could you or anyone send a direct link for the correct part?

I contacted boss/roland and they can't supply to the public, only sevice centers apparently
Last edited by Guitarplayer452 at Jun 9, 2017,
I think this is the type of pot you are after.
Not easy to find them, not sure if they are made just for Boss/Roland by Alpha.

http://www.pedalpartsaustralia.com/images/RB_6.jpg

Could try searching for authorized Boss/Roland repairers, or you will have to do a major mod to the pedal and use different types of pots.
I pulled my CS3 back off, and the pots are soldered direct to a drop in circuit board. They are small buggers.
Last edited by Vreid at Jun 9, 2017,
The part I order from pedalpartsaustralia is a 20k LINEAR pot instead of a 20k LOGARITHMIC which is specified in the diagram

I researched and it seems like it won't make much of a difference since I usually set the knob at noon

But my question is there something I'm missing here since it's for a "sustain" functionality ?
Noon on a log pot isn't going to be the same value as noon on a linear pot. The whole idea of the different tapers is that they're only really similar towards the very extreme ends, i.e. they both start at 0 and end at 20K, and behave very differently in between. In fact, noon is typically where the largest discrepancy between linear and log taper resides, so on your new pot your previous "noon" setting might be tough to dial in, and lives in a narrow range towards the end of the sweep. So your new setting is going to be a little sliver between 1 and 2 (out of 10) and it's going to jump or fall off pretty quickly from there. Not ideal, especially since it means all the settings you previously had in the first half of the pot sweep are now stuffed into less than 20% of the range of the new pot. Hard to dial in a light compression with that taper. 

Here's a generic chart that shows how far off those values get with both pots at 5/10, and why it might suck trying to hit that nice light-medium compression setting with a linear pot:

Maybe the circuit is more forgiving than I'm envisioning, and you can certainly replace the part and find out, but I suspect using a linear pot is going to be unpleasant to dial in. 
Was it the same little square green Alpha pot you got like in the picture?
kentrock

You know, there's only something like 70 left nationwide.

Radio shack is gone.

For a little while after the bankruptcy, sale, and change to cellphone orientation, they restocked some stores with electronic parts and other cool goodies and propmptly closed again.

I smell a rat in that they stocked the stores up and then closed them almost immediately.

Someone made bank on "salvaging" all that stock.

As far as the CS3......................way too slow in stock form so why not send it in for mods and have the guy replace the pot and knob at that time?

You will get back a compressor/limiter that works 200% better.
Last edited by HowlerMonkey at Aug 21, 2017,