I wanted to post in the Bands and Artists section, but there was no "create thread" button.

Anyway, what do you think of Adam Jones from Tool? His work is so unique. There is no guitarist like him out there. I cannot even think of one guitarist who plays like him. His work on Aenema is epic.

What are your thoughts?
tool is pretty eh

there is a create thread section in the rock and indie subforum of bands and artists. the reason there isn't a create thread option in there is specifically so people go into the actual subforums they're supposed to
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Thanks.

Why do you not like Tool? The artistry is incredible. Songs are long, just like Metallica's. It is hard to do it. 
If you do not like Tool, who do you like? Happy music probably. Tool is dark, but it is good. It is not for everyone. 
metallica is pretty lackluster as well

i've been listening to a lot of tom waits and moondog lately, and a lot of aesop rock (grimy communist/introspective rap)
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Thread was moved to forum: Rock & Indie
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
I never heard of him. 

I read about Adam Jones' influences on this page: http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/Adam-Jones-0420-2011.aspx

He likes Robert Fripp, Adrian Belew and Trey Gunn of King Crimson; Buzz Osborne of the Melvins, Paul Leary of the Butthole Surfers, Andy Gill of the Gang of Four, the Bad Brains’ Dr. Know and Fredrik Thordendal and Marten Hagström of Meshuggah.
I agree completely - Adam Jones is a great guitarist and his approach is very unique.  I also really like the bass work from Tool, which often plays in the upper register in a guitar-like fashion.  

Great band - my current band mates played in a Tool Tribute Act for a while- it was mind boggling watching that set.