So it's pretty simple: I'm a bassist who needs a guitar to play metal.

I don't care too much if the pickups are 5% better or worse than others or small stuff like that. Tremolo/double-lock is also not mandatory.
It has to:
- handle metal sound well.
- be good for fast playing (neck-wise).

I'm looking for mid-level instruments so the budget is around 300euro.
I've heard wonders about the Shecter Omen (extreme) 6 but I can't find it on this price range.

I have kind of narrowed down my choices to:

- JS32 Dinky
- JS32 Rhoads
- JS32 King V
- Dean Dave Mustaine VMNT

I'm trusting any of them are pretty similar concerning material/construction quality and even the sound itself. Should any of these stand out for any reason I can't see? So I like Jackson but I feel there should be other obvious choices I should consider anyway? (Cort, LTD?)
Quote by monwobobbo
For that price range I'd look at LTD.

I have no experience with LTD (basses) but for some reason I don't a lot a good things about their mid-level shred guitars. 
Any model in particular?
For that price to to find a used MIJ Jackson DKMG/DKMGT or DK2/DK2M maybe an RR3 if you like the Rhoads any of these will be miles above anything from JS series.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by guitarkid8
Can you play them in store before buying?

Probably only the King V and possibly the Dinky, the others I can't find near me.
Quote by Evilnine
For that price to to find a used MIJ Jackson DKMG/DKMGT or DK2/DK2M maybe an RR3 if you like the Rhoads any of these will be miles above anything from JS series.

I have looked and in my area nothing like that shows up. The only used ones are still way to expensive for me. For my purposes I really can't go above the budget. Worst case scenario I could feel the need to upgrade the pups in the future for recording. But according to reviews all these Jackson ones and the Mustain Designed on the Dean sound pretty darn good. 
Best to play before you buy. Multiple guitars of the same model, etc. Some are going to be better than others
An MIJ Jackson like a DKMGT will absolutely kill whatever cheapy JS Jackson or LTD you can buy new at that price.

Run away from Dean. In my experience their budget models are all absolute crap.

What can you get used for 300 euro locally?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by guitarkid8
Best to play before you buy. Multiple guitars of the same model, etc. Some are going to be better than others

I agree and would recommend that same thing to others but where I live there are very few stores in a large radius. And even those which are Jackson dealers rarely have anything in store.

I'll try to play as many as possible but it's very likely that I'll end up ordering one and risk it.

That is actually one of the reasons I'm calling for help. I play a Jackson bass I know them, could research them easily and I feel I can trust their guitars too. But I know nothing about Ibanez for example. There could be a chance Ibanez has a gold standard model for my needs I didn't now about. 

If I have to take a risk I feel more comfortable ordering a Jackson rather than, let's say, an LTD. But I'm all ears guys!
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Run away from Dean. In my experience their budget models are all absolute crap.

As the owner of 2 Deans that I love, I basically agree. I wouldn't call them crap, but you can definitely do better in that price range.

Not much for me to add here, but if you see a Godin Redline, give it a try. They were discontinued a few years ago, so you're only going to see used ones or maybe a NOS. The HB is a hardtail with hot passive HBs, and should be in your price range. Others in the line have trems and/or EMGs.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
T00DEEPBLUEdannyalcatrazI'm going to have to be the 3rd to recommend staying away from the budget priced Deans, I do have a Dean that I love but it is one that was in the $1000 range when new, there are better guitars out there than Dean at that price range. It is unfortunate that were unable to locate any used MIJ Jacksons but between the JS and the Dean I'd have to go with the JS series.

Be leary of reviews for budget guitars as they are othen done by young inexperienced players who got them because that was all they could afford and have no experience with better quality guitars so they are unable to make a comparison it is often their first guitar and they are enamored by the look and not experienced enought to recognise the faults. the only budget guitar reviews I would trust are those in which the reviews states thet they are an experienced player and the lower end guitar in question is a great player in comparison with some of their better guitars. Even professional reviews online or in magazines are often biased because they are to some extent influenced by advertising, a professional reviewere is not likely to give a bad review for product that is advertised in their publication.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

My personal cutoff for a Dean is @$500. My Special Select EVO cost about that much, and IMHO, the only thing it needs is better pickups. It feels nice, no rough frets, and holds tune with a death grip.

Now, while it's been a while since I bought it and that $500 is more like $700 in today's dollars, but guitar prices have not kept up with inflation. So...that $500-700 window is probably where I'd start considering buying a Dean reasonable.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!