I'm modding a Fender 60s Jazzmaster I found at a pawn shop. I normally wouldn't change anything off a jazzmaster, and i was looking for a jaguar to mod, but since I got a jazzmaster, i'll want to mod it. Nice color too.

So how would I manage to fit a single coil in the neck and bridge humbucker into a Jazzmaster?

Thanks
Personally, I'd contact a custom winder like Vintage Vibe, The Creamery or Rio Grande to make pickups that sound like what I want in the form I want, and save myself a whole lot of permanent (value changing) guitar modification.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Tony Done Yeah, I completely forgot about Curtis Novak! I know the JM-180 makes a great humbucker, so which one will accommodate a John Frusciante tone? My main goal was make the Jazzmaster play john frusciante but also Bad Brains tones.
stonevalley

I'd say just send an email with your inquiries. Most pickup makers are happy to help you pair stuff up to hit your desired tone.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Dr. Know => Frusciante is a big tonal range.

I'd say a hot HB or P90 in the bridge and a sweet, oversized singlecoil in the neck is your recipe...

Assuming your amp is up to the task, of course.

get a custom pickguard, warmoth or whatever, the body routing should have plenty of room for those pickups. if you have the money build a whole new pickguard and swap them at will ( just have to reground each time)  satriani did that when he was young and broke and used the same strat for everything in the studio.
Last edited by BADGAS at May 16, 2017,