I noticed this in a newer model of cort x11, I compared it with sh1 59' and sh4 jb and it sounded good.
Is this pickup good over stock pickups of other guitar?
How it matches with hot pickups like emg, dimarzio and seymour duncan?
Will it be nice if I coil split to get single coil tone,? because I need to get versatile guitar tones
I have no other option since I am on this budget . Any suggestion or opinion would be helpful.
If it sounds good to you, then it is.

I'm not a fan tho tbh. I prefer the real deal.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Tone, treble mid and bass are subjective.. it also setup (pickup height, tone cap), depends on amp, and amp setting.. if you listen to video demo on youtube, each humbucker pickup sound may be different even if it's same pickup model.. people will say tone wood has an effect.. but my ears aren't that seasoned to tell the difference.. my suggestion is to listen to as much video demo of the humbucker you like.

GFS has some nice humbuckers, Dragonfire has Crusaders, Phat Screamers, X2N dual rail which are good too... they have instruction how to coil-split the humbuckers.

I prefer push-pull linear pots..

Check the mods to guitars - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1685575&page=2
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Last edited by psp742 at May 12, 2017,
I only have experience with the Blackout-type Duncan Designed pickups and they are good, no complaints really. For what it costs to replace them the difference in sound isn't all that noticeable.
Quote by rshivakrishnan
I noticed this in a newer model of cort x11, I compared it with sh1 59' and sh4 jb and it sounded good.
Is this pickup good over stock pickups of other guitar?
How it matches with hot pickups like emg, dimarzio and seymour duncan?
Will it be nice if I coil split to get single coil tone,? because I need to get versatile guitar tones
I have no other option since I am on this budget . Any suggestion or opinion would be helpful.

Duncan Design is a cheap off-shore alternative to SD pickups, and they are NOT made by Seymour Duncan. That said, their quality varies. I removed a pair of Hot-Rails-alike Duncan Design pickups from a guitar and replaced them with real Hot Rails, and there was an obvious difference in sound. These particular DD pickups didn't have four wires (and the real SDs did), so I probably could not have run them coil split.
Daiseys are rockin pickups and they are duncan designed. Better than first act....i mean maybe. It depends on taste.
Dspellman..those pickups sound suspicious. I can believe duncan would make a slightly less awesome pickup for their duncan design line. I mean, who wouldn,t
Last edited by geo-rage at May 12, 2017,
Quote by dspellman
Duncan Design is a cheap off-shore alternative to SD pickups, and they are NOT made by Seymour Duncan. That said, their quality varies. I removed a pair of Hot-Rails-alike Duncan Design pickups from a guitar and replaced them with real Hot Rails, and there was an obvious difference in sound. These particular DD pickups didn't have four wires (and the real SDs did), so I probably could not have run them coil split.

to add to this Duncan Designed aren't all  made in the same place or tha same company. SD licenses the designs and asks they be called DD. as mentioned quality varies depending on how well the design is carried out and the quality of materials used. 
These are on the same page as Licensed Floyd Rose, Anyone that buys the license to reproduce them can do so at any factory they wish and use just about any materials in doing so,  Design is one thing, quality and craftsmanship another,   Generally Cort is a pretty good bang for the buck,  The Duncan Design is just a sales pitch,  If you think about it pickups aint exactly rocket science,  Hell I have a set of P-90's out on an old 60's Japanese made budget guitar,  I love those things, Granted I've somewhat modified them, But as I said they aint rocket science,  
If I took a blueprint and made a humbucker in my garage, I could call them "Duncan Designed" after I pay the licensing fee.

As monwobobbo said, they can be made anywhere with any quality. It's a marketing thing for brand recognition.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Wilkinsons and Golden Age are also fine, if you're looking for classic HB tones. Maybe not so much high-gain metal.

Tesla makes nice, affordable pickups across a broad tonal range, though more towards the hotter side of things. They went under a couple years ago, but have returned to the market.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
My schecter came with Duncan Designed PUPs, and eventually replaced them with the real deal ('59 in neck, SH-15 in bridge).

Are they good? Definitely. They're designed by Duncan, but made by another party. Think of them like the Mexican Stratocaster in comparison to the American Strats.

However, I do prefer my Seymour Duncans over the duncan designed. More character, more tone.

But i did enjoy the duncan designed pickups.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

I put a Duncan Designed version of their "Distortion" in a build I did a while ago and it sounds fine. Paid $10 on ebay for it instead of $80 to $100 for a standard version.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals