Music that you enjoyed as a youngling but didn't realize at the time that it was intended for a much more mature audience

Page 1 of 2
Post it, assuming that's a thing other people did.

Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I was an old man when I was a kid.

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
D U D E

M E M E
E M E M
M E M E
E M E M

rofl

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
D U D E

M E M E
E M E M
M E M E
E M E M

rofl

All Star was my first album ever you goddammed plebbitor. I unironically bump it

Fat Lard 

You ain't hard unless you bump this.

Quote by ErikLensherr

That was one of my first albums as well, in 5th/6th grade. I wanna say I bought Sugar Ray's 14:59 at the same time, and another album I can't remember. Maybe Better Life by 3 doors down
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
That was one of my first albums as well, in 5th/6th grade. I wanna say I bought Sugar Ray's 14:59 at the same time, and another album I can't remember. Maybe Better Life by 3 doors down

Did you have Aaron's Party (Come Get It)? Only the realest fux'd with that one
Quote by Fat Lard
Did you have Aaron's Party (Come Get It)? Only the realest fux'd with that one

Who didn't have Aaron's Party (Come Get It)?

Quote by ErikLensherr

ez slim shady and I found out right away asking my dad to make a copy for me lol
27mMoV31II7.a2
I didn't know what peaches and cream was really about until about five years after I had started singing it regularly.

Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Haven't heard this in a over decade but hey, on topic:

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I used to be big into White Lines. Like I knew that it was about cocaine, but it was like "oh, so the white lines mean coke", not "oh, so it's about how it fucks up lives, ruins the potential of people and is a desperate plea against it thinly veiled as a song". In retrospect I was pretty uncritical about suc things.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Most of the AC/DC discography
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day

I was 7 and got the cd from my cousin. My grandmother threw it out when she heard me listening to it.
I was listening to Metallica,Megadeth,WASP,Judas Priest,Accept,AC/DC,Hair Metal and a plethora of other adult music when I was 8.  This was way back in the '80s. I knew what I was listening to and understood it so I don't know if that counts or not. I was always an adult at heart from a very young age. 
good music transcends age groups.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Man on the Moon by REM was my favorite song as a toddler.

Now that I'm older the references to Andy Kaufman and such are pretty dated and obscure.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
I was pretty much raised by Iron Maiden as my dad was a fan and always listened to it with me and talked with me about a lot of music. He explained all the lyrics I didn't get as a 6 yr old.
Any kid that liked bright eyes must've been one damn cool kid. 

I liked black sabbath, joe satriani and a lot of 80s rock and metal my friends didn't know a single song of, by friends I mean classmates I don't even remember the names of, my actual friends we were into the same shit.  We also liked newer stuff like darkest hour and devil driver, but ya know. 
Classical music, the first experience with it I can recall as a very young child was Blue Danube score in 2001 A Space Odyssey.
i don't really think most artists intent to direct their music at a certain age group, but i listened to lots of "dad rock" growing up

i think i had a pretty mature taste in music when i was a kid

these are just a few artists, i listened to plenty of jazz, blues, classical music, all kinds of metal before i was even a teenager.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

k.lainad
Because I listened to that music growing up I don't think of it as "intended for a much more mature audience".
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Post it, assuming that's a thing other people did.

Bright Eyes has always been for "Garden State" worshipping social media indie girls.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I pretty much just listened to The Beatles as a kid (I'm a teenager now, so yes, I was that kid). I didn't really know what a lot of their songs were about at the time, from drugs to politics (things they made plenty of songs about), I still just listened to it because I liked their musical style. I just thought all of their drug inspired music like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and While my Guitar Gently Weeps were just some deep metaphors and I came up with theroys for them, and then later learned that those songs were writen while on LSD…

Quote by theguitarist
good music transcends age groups.

Hence why I only listened to Beatles.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Necroheadbanger

Really? That would be hilarious if it's true. I don't doubt you, but I think that's a strange thing to let a kid listen to.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3
I have a greater appreciation for this tune now that almost twenty years have gone by.  

Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
I loved this music video in my first school and loved it to pieces.

I called it
'The Terminator Song'.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
"There was Pope John, if you remember. Now there's Pope John Paul. The next pope's gonna be Pope John Paul George, and we can see where they're going. It's that more populist edge Pope John Paul George and Ringo, he's going to take off; he's going to have songs in the charts."
~Eddie Izzard, "Circle", 2000

"Boy bands should be exploded from a great height. They’re just pretty people singing music written by others."
~Eddie Izzard
La Grange - ZZ Top
Loved it as a kid when it came out, but at the time I didn't realise it was about a brothel. I don't think my parents did either...
I remember being a big fan of the velvet underground when I was a kid. I didn't realise that waiting for my man was about a drug dealer, nor that heroin was about a drug

"It's not a killing house. Its a killing bungalow"
The entire Pink Floyd album "The Wall" like all of the other kids at the time I just relished the "we don't need know education" from Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 which TBH at the time I really didn't even realise the significance of the intentional double negative used in that line. We all saw the movie too and liked it because of the animation and music in general but really the plot of both the movie and the music of this concept album was lost on all but the older kids.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
The entire Pink Floyd album "The Wall" like all of the other kids at the time I just relished the "we don't need know education" from Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 which TBH at the time I really didn't even realise the significance of the intentional double negative used in that line. We all saw the movie too and liked it because of the animation and music in general but really the plot of both the movie and the music of this concept album was lost on all but the older kids.

I was so baked every time I saw that I can only remember the scene where he sits in the chair in front of the TV.
It was the midnight movie at this one theater forever and day.
Page 1 of 2