Just wondering if I could say pick up bass or some other instrument better then say guitar.

Once upon a time I could play 12-13 notes of sheet music on the first 3 frets of guitar...  But I started to really struggle there and started losing interest.  Then once upon a later time, I could play about 20 guitar chords, but most where 5'th chords, like f5 a5 e5 etc.  I can still remember a number of them, but what their names are, I'm not so sure.

When I bough my guitar I was thinking about bass guitar, then after having my guitar for a while I was becoming interested in bass guitar more, then at one point I was like... I probably should have bough a bass guitar instead.  Now I have interest in sad sounding piano, bass guitar, violin...  Kinda acoustic/classical guitar, but only if I re-find interest in my guitar.  I think that was it.  I still have my guitar and a dummies book on guitar and am thinking about going though it to see if I re-find interest in my guitar.

One of my issues is that my house has like 0.... yeah just about 0 sound proofing and I'm not the only member of the house and I've always been fairly conscious of how bad I sound.

But yeah, can a person pickup one instrument easier then another instrument?

Thanks,
    Higgins909
I learned how to play the recorder in elementary school in weeks. Unfortunately the music teacher didnt realize my greatness to create a woven tapestry of musical fusion. Apparently solos during hot cross buns is frowned upon.
You'll be more likely to stick with an instrument and get better at it if you're enjoying it and actually want to play it.
If you're really wanting to play bass, I hear some of the more frugal Squire basses are quite good (you'll have to look into which exactly), so pick one and a practice amp up and give it a go.

As for being self-conscious and not wanting people to hear you playing, I understand that all too well. Luckily most not-gigantic amps have a headphone jack, so if you have some decent headphones that's an option. I always play with headphones.
Different people find different instruments easier to play, I play guitar more than piano and I'm classically trained on piano (and definitely still better), but despite that usually enjoy playing guitar more
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by N8dagreat3
I learned how to play the recorder in elementary school in weeks. Unfortunately the music teacher didnt realize my greatness to create a woven tapestry of musical fusion. Apparently solos during hot cross buns is frowned upon.

I was given two days of detention for soloing during hot cross buns in 3rd grade. That was a good time my teacher used to get so mad at me for doing dumb shit like that. 
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
Quote by kalypto
try the triangle 

I was never in the school band, but I watched them. The untalented kids were always 1) given the triangle or 2) given the wood blocks. 

I've always thought drums looked retard easy. Literally just tapping with the beat. Yeah, it's hard if you go all Buddy Rich and such, but pretty easy if you play shit drums like Lars  
Quote by TobusRex
I was never in the school band, but I watched them. The untalented kids were always 1) given the triangle or 2) given the wood blocks. 

I've always thought drums looked retard easy. Literally just tapping with the beat. Yeah, it's hard if you go all Buddy Rich and such, but pretty easy if you play shit drums like Lars  

You think microtiming deviations are easy?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You think microtiming deviations are easy?

Super easy for people with fully functional cerebellums
Quote by TobusRex
Super easy for people with fully functional cerebellums

Well, that's you fucked, then.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by kalypto
try the triangle 

I had something in mind, that could sound good alone and not too complicated or too basic.
Quote by higgins909
I had something in mind, that could sound good alone and not too complicated or too basic.

glockenspiel?
I'm just saying;
If I had this guitar..

I'd be playing it right now and I'd probably've played it hard throughout puberty too.
Last edited by treborillusion at May 14, 2017,
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I started on bass and moved to guitar. I did the dumb thing that people do where they think that because you don't have to learn chords, it's easier. I'd say it was relatively easy to get into and pick up the basics, but it's difficult to master (not that I have even mastered it now), and because I wasn't in a band, I got bored with playing on my own and felt a little bit restricted in what I could play, so I started learning guitar. 

But to answer your question, I guess it depends on how your brain works - some people naturally have an aptitude for certain instruments or certain families of instruments, but I think it's probably possible to learn any instrument, given enough practice, time, and patience.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.