I'm considering trying out 10-52 gauge strings on a 628mm (24.75") scale length guitar (Les Paul style) with a graphite nut. Do I need to get the nut slots filed, or will the graphite lubricate the strings enough to prevent binding? Also, will 10-52s be ok to play in standard tuning, or will they be too tight?
Thanks in advance!
"Discovery requires experimentation" - Doctor Werner Reinhardt
"Relicing? Are you gay?" - some drummer kid
As before baes
It depends how it was cut before, but a .52 might just fit. If it doesn't, there's no harm in taking it to a tech, especially with a gauge change. 

Personally, I use 10-52s in standard and it feels fine, though I'm used to it, so give it some time and you should be fine
Quote by CorrosionMedia
It depends how it was cut before, but a .52 might just fit. If it doesn't, there's no harm in taking it to a tech, especially with a gauge change. 

Personally, I use 10-52s in standard and it feels fine, though I'm used to it, so give it some time and you should be fine

The nut was cut for 10-46, but I'd only really be trying it out at first. My plan is to try the 10-46 that are on the guitar, then change to a set of cheap (Ernie Ball) 10-52s, and then switch to elixirs in my preferred gauge. On paper, it sounds like I'll enjoy 10-52, as I much prefer tighter bottom strings, and it should hopefully make it a bit more like a strat with 10-46 (my current setup), but I guess there's no way to know without trying it.
"Discovery requires experimentation" - Doctor Werner Reinhardt
"Relicing? Are you gay?" - some drummer kid
As before baes
it should be fine. it's not that much of a difference.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer