#1
 I've just fixed this issue with my fender CD140SCE. It killed the battery in a couple days no matter what. I thought maybe it wasn't getting turned off properly. I pulled the jack out of it and there are three wires. Ground, signal, and switch. Switch is shorted to ground when the cable is plugged in. But the soldering job wasn't good. Not sure if it was factory or not, but maybe. The threads of the ground wire had cut through both other wires, so it looks like the switch was telling the circuit the cable was plugged in when it wasn't. I resoldered and so far the battery lives.
I'd read about similar issues but saw no solution other than to send the guitar back, so I thought I'd tell about this. It is an easy fix if you have some soldering skills.
Last edited by Raccoon1400 at May 14, 2017,
#2
Good info Mr. Raccoon.. I actually might have the same issue with my, "Sonoran". It seemed to kill batteries quite soon. I know too, the price of those 9 volt jobbies has skyrocketed. Anyway, I yanked the batteries out of that guitar a couple of years ago, and since have only played it acoustically.

I always seem to have jack issues as well, (wiring too maybe), with my stereo guitars. (Epiphone EJ-200-SCE, and a Crafter SAT 12 string), the symptoms being bad connections and noise. I bought new output jacks for them, perhaps your post will motivate me into finally doing something about it.


Again good info, and many thanks for sharing.
#4
Quote by Captaincranky
Good info Mr. Raccoon.. I actually might have the same issue with my, "Sonoran". It seemed to kill batteries quite soon. I know too, the price of those 9 volt jobbies has skyrocketed. Anyway, I yanked the batteries out of that guitar a couple of years ago, and since have only played it acoustically.

I always seem to have jack issues as well, (wiring too maybe), with my stereo guitars. (Epiphone EJ-200-SCE, and a Crafter SAT 12 string), the symptoms being bad connections and noise. I bought new output jacks for them, perhaps your post will motivate me into finally doing something about it.


Again good info, and many thanks for sharing.

A new jack wasn't even needed. Just cut off the damaged wire and solder it back on.
It also looked like the signal wire could have been shorting out, though I never had any issues with it.