Page 1 of 3
jk

But my dad told me about the 'Ocean Cleanup' project, which some guy came up with when he was 18 I think.

link

The plan is basically to rid the oceans of all plastic waste by 2050, by using the natural ocean currents and having mobile barriers collect all the junk.
I find it incredibly interesting to see a global project like this not only being conceived, but also being put into practice.

What other (large scale) projects of the sort do you know of? Which ones do you find particularly interesting? Doesn't neccessarily have to be save the planet (goddamn hippies) stuff either, just anything that is seemingly so ambitious.
There's a good documentary on ocean plastic on Netflix. Called "Plastic Ocean"

This shit needs to happen tbh

I would like to see something similarly scaled and promising for the removal of space junk, but that's considerably more challenging and expensive.
My God, it's full of stars!
shouldn't have put all the plastic in there in the first place and we wouldn't be in this mess
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
Quote by kalypto
shouldn't have put all the plastic in there in the first place and we wouldn't be in this mess

lol
Quote by kalypto

In a way you're right, but ignoring things until they blow up in your face resonates so well with me. My entire lifestyle builds upon that principle.
heal the world make it a better place for you and for me and the entire human race there are people dying if you care enough for the living make a better place for you and for me
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
I feel sorry for the kids. The world is trashed, getting worse all the time, and we have a money grubbing anti environment halfwit in the White House doing everything he can to gut the EPA. 
Quote by TobusRex
I feel sorry for the kids. The world is trashed, getting worse all the time, and we have a money grubbing anti environment halfwit in the White House doing everything he can to gut the EPA. 

Baby boomers (aka the worst generation) failed us once again
In the beginning God created the plastic and the Earth.

THIS WAS HIS DESIGN PEOPLE
Garbage is such a dumb idea. "I don't need this anymore, so I'm gonna put it somewhere else and forget about it."
Free Ali
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
all the rivers and lakes in the UK look fucking dirty as fuck and i dunno who shat in them but they better fucking come up with a plan cos i want to see the fishies but theyre all dying on the diarrhea in the water.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
all the rivers and lakes in the UK look fucking dirty as fuck and i dunno who shat in them but they better fucking come up with a plan cos i want to see the fishies but theyre all dying on the diarrhea in the water.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Green is the new Red
"It's better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war"
One day my descendants will be launching garbage into the sun to be turned into hydrogen. I wish I could live in that badass future.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
TobusRex 
Yea lets just blame this on the POTUS, Typical Delicate Snowflake response,  You have no Idea how the rest of the world dumps its garbage,  But yea that's Trumps fault right? 
Quote by Dreadnought
I would like to see something similarly scaled and promising for the removal of space junk, but that's considerably more challenging and expensive.
also kind of less of an immediate concern surely
Quote by Smith357
Green is the new Red

lmao
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by ultimate-slash
jk

But my dad told me about the 'Ocean Cleanup' project, which some guy came up with when he was 18 I think.

link

The plan is basically to rid the oceans of all plastic waste by 2050, by using the natural ocean currents and having mobile barriers collect all the junk.
I find it incredibly interesting to see a global project like this not only being conceived, but also being put into practice.

What other (large scale) projects of the sort do you know of? Which ones do you find particularly interesting? Doesn't neccessarily have to be save the planet (goddamn hippies) stuff either, just anything that is seemingly so ambitious.

There's already a huge global project about this that's been going for years now--it's called recycling. :P why the need for global clean up when there's nothing to clean up?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Last edited by Carnivean at May 14, 2017,
Quote by K33nbl4d3
also kind of less of an immediate concern surely

lmao

While that's true, it's also the "we'll worry about it later" mentality that got us to so many environmental issues in the first place.
Dreadnought 
I might be a boomer but at least I have a good paying job, and taught my children not to be pussy little snowflakes and get a real job  
Quote by Dreadnought
While that's true, it's also the "we'll worry about it later" mentality that got us to so many environmental issues in the first place.
true, and i suppose if there's a military application to pickup up space garbage it'll probably be easier to get funding for
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by nastytroll
Dreadnought 
I might be a boomer but at least I have a good paying job, and taught my children not to be pussy little snowflakes and get a real job  

Pussy little snowflakes who are fighting America's longest running war because baby boomer shitheads can't figure anything out after they had incredible post-war stability handed to their golden-spooned asses while treating Vietnam veterans worse than any other warfighting generation.

Truly remarkable, baby shitters
Quote by K33nbl4d3
true, and i suppose if there's a military application to pickup up space garbage it'll probably be easier to get funding for

Being able to collect stuff from orbit

Being able to collect enemy satellites... 

Eh, it'll happen
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by Dreadnought
Pussy little snowflakes who are fighting America's longest running war because baby boomer shitheads can't figure anything out after they had incredible post-war stability handed to their golden-spooned asses while treating Vietnam veterans worse than any other warfighting generation.

Truly remarkable, baby shitters

Golden spooned asses?  Dude I was working for a living at the age of 16.  Never even graduated high school and joined the USAF, Today I make twice as much as some collage educated snowflake with a useless degree in the arts, 10 times as much if you consider he or she is working at Burger King and spends there off time on social media and protesting,  Wanna change the world, Quit talking or protesting about it and actually go out and get your hands dirty,  Oh wait that would require physical labor, My Bad, What was I thinking? 
Does this mean my parents are going to find the condom I flushed down the toilet?

What if they touch it and get pregnant?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by nastytroll
Golden spooned asses?  Dude I was working for a living at the age of 16.  Never even graduated high school  

You should've stayed there tbh.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Does this mean my parents are going to find the condom I flushed down the toilet?

What if they touch it and get pregnant?

I think retroactive abortion could be the answer in many cases, 
We got ourselves a nasty hombre here

I like to return baby boomers' hate for millenials with equally fervent hate. Pretty easy for me to do because America has been at war for the majority of my life (and I'm nearly 30 lol) and I've been fighting it since I graduated high school, and guess which glorious delusions-of-self-grandeur-having generation is at the helm of that policy
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You should've stayed there tbh.

I actually did 3 tours of service for my country,  Until you serve don't judge, 
Quote by nastytroll

I can and I will.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I can and I will.

And therefore will be part of the generation that brings the once great nation of The United States of America down to its knees and to the level of the rest of the world rather than being the land of the free and home of the brave,  Just another piece of the New World Order and of no consequence,   Bet you'll adapt well to sharia law and the fact NK has the ability to drop a nuke on you, 
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Cartoon character?  Seriously?  and you wonder why I think this country and world in general is doomed, 
Last edited by nastytroll at May 14, 2017,
Quote by Dreadnought
We got ourselves a nasty hombre here

I like to return baby boomers' hate for millenials with equally fervent hate. Pretty easy for me to do because America has been at war for the majority of my life (and I'm nearly 30 lol) and I've been fighting it since I graduated high school, and guess which glorious delusions-of-self-grandeur-having generation is at the helm of that policy

Well if you'd get off your damn cell phone and actually do your job for a change us boomers wouldn't be riding your dumbass all the time 
we're all living in amerika, coca cola, sometimes war
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by nastytroll
 Well if you'd get off your damn cell phone and actually do your job for a change us boomers wouldn't be riding your dumbass all the time 

Nah. It's Sunday
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Good pic famiglia.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by nastytroll

I didn't serve in the military and it doesn't seem like you did either. And if you really did do service, you still wouldn't deserve any respect. The notion that you think you shouldn't be held responsible for your actions because you served in the military. The fact that you have a condescending attitude for people's job choices suggests that you enlisted for all of the wrong reasons. You can't enlist to protect the right to protest and then discredit it. You exhibit so many attitudes that members of the military should never have. On behalf of people who didn't serve, millennials, and people who have worked in fast food, fuck off. You deserve to be judged poorly. 
Free Ali
Quote by Dreadnought
Nah. It's Sunday

Sunday? well that's different, I don't work weekends, or any other day that even remotely sounds like a holiday, Yea one of those jobs, paid vacation and sick leave too. Did I mention the health care and other benefits?  Not to mention the pension,   Actually hiring for a new position and the consensus around here is all you millennial's are complete idiots 
Page 1 of 3