I was an idiot and broke the neck joint on my Gibson SG by being careless and letting the guitar drop from my hands at the end of a gig. I have now paid the price with the neck breaking at where it meets the body. It hasn't completely broken off yet btw. Does anyone here think it's fixable? I've already emailed my local luthier to organise a meeting to see what he can do, but just looking to see what your guys' opinions on it are. Cheers

https://imgur.com/a/zIW63

(Invalid img)
It is fixable but not something for the faint of heart.  It will probably (can't know for sure without the guitar in front of me) require the luthier to break it all the way off before gluing it.  Depending on how obvious everything is and how good you want the guitar to look a refinish might also be needed, however, it might just need some touch up work and blending.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at May 14, 2017,
Take my word for it kid, You aint gonna be the first with a repaired SG or LP neck,  In fact its more common than you think,  If the Luthier is good at his trade it will be better than new once repaired,  I've seen worse breaks that were repaired,   Might even be a required course at Luthierie school,  How to repair Gibson LP and SG necks,
Quote by nastytroll
Take my word for it kid, You aint gonna be the first with a repaired SG or LP neck,  In fact its more common than you think,  If the Luthier is good at his trade it will be better than new once repaired,  I've seen worse breaks that were repaired,   Might even be a required course at Luthierie school,  How to repair Gibson LP and SG necks,
In all fairness, it's not the Standard Gibson Neck Break™

I don't think I have my Les Paul headstock break collage on this computer
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
K33nbl4d3 

Yea they usually break at the headstock, But once mastered replacing the entire neck on a Gibson is as easy as falling off a log, 
Quote by K33nbl4d3
In all fairness, it's not the Standard Gibson Neck Break™

+1 i have seen that before, but never in person. headstock breaks, that is a whole different story.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/