Hi i'm going to buy my first electric guitar, i want to play heavy metal and i don't know which one to choose an Ibanez - GRG270BBKN or an ESP LTD - M50NT-BLKS ,   Ibanez - RGD320Z-BK,   ESP LTD - M100F-STBLK,   ESP - LTD - MH103QM-STB,

i also have other choices:

Ibanez GRGR121EX-BKN

Ibanez GRGR121SP-LT

Epiphone - Les Paul Special VE VWVS, Vintage Worn Vintage

Epiphone - Les Paul Special II WR Wine Red B-Stock

Ibanez - GRG150DXB-BKF

Ibanez - IJRG200-BJK

Ibanez - GRG170DXBKN

Epiphone - SG Special cherry

Epiphone - Les Paul Player Pack EB Ebony

BC Rich Kerry King MetalMaster Warlock Black w/ Silver

Ibanez - GRG150P-WH

BC Rich ASOB-O

Ibanez - GRG250DX BKF

ESP LTD - M50FR-BLK

please help me decide which one to buy i'm a noob XD
Last edited by joe2719 at May 14, 2017,
Pick the one you like or reminds you of one of your guitar influences.  If it feels good and sounds good, it is a good 1st guitar.  If you stick with this game there will be many others.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Have you tried any in person? Which of your choices feel most comfortable?

I ask because the way a guitar feels in your hands* is more important than looks. Arguably, it's even more important than how it sounds, since electronics & pickups are an easier fix than woodwork.

* Like:
Neck: too skinny or too wide, too smooth or does it feel sticky, do the fret ends feel rough or painful when you slide up .& down its length?
Body: Do any of the curves or points feel uncomfortable against your torso or leg? Is it too heavy?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
You need to go down to a local guitar store and try as many guitars as possible. You're choosing between a very diverse range of guitars that have vastly different features to one another. Which indicates that you don't actually know what you want yet. Outside of, 'sounds and plays good for heavy metal' which is of no help to anyone. Literally everybody wants a guitar that sounds and plays good. You need to be a lot more specific about what your needs are for anyone to make an educated decision on what you might like. And the only way you're going to know is getting your butt down to a guitar store and trying out lots of guitars.

None of the guitars you've listed are what I'd consider to be very good guitars. But since it seems like you're on a <$300 budget, you cannot expect a lot.

The one thing I always advise beginners on a shoestring budget is to avoid Floyd Rose bridges like the plague. The ones you'll find on cheap guitars are absolutely terrible and make keeping the guitar in tune a nightmare. You need your guitar that stays in tune or else the guitar is going to totally frustrate you. Stick with guitars that have fixed bridges. The non-locking fender-style vibratos found on cheap guitars (such as 99% of cheap strat copies) are also totally crap, but at least those styles of bridges can easily be blocked off, thus making the guitar function effectively like it has a fixed bridge.

I would also suggest watching this. I'm on the fence about chappers, but I think this particular video is decent enough.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
joe2719 

Good choice, although the words Vox and metal are seldom used in the same sentence,  But with todays new generation of modeling amps its hard to say anymore. 
I concur with others - it's all well good looking at guitars online (or in magazines), but you have to go and play them. 

Case in point - my main guitar is aCort M600. It's not a Top flight guitar, but it suits me perfectly. Before I bought it, I was convinced I was going to get either an epiphone or a tokai Les Paul. I went down and tried various guitars in my budget (including the Epi and Tokai), but the only one that felt spot on was the Cort. 

7 years later, I have no regrets. 

Im convinced its like Harry Potter - the guitar chooses the player. 
Last edited by darthbuttchin at May 15, 2017,
Chappers is a god in his own mind. I've actually played one of his Explorer clones and it felt and played WAY better than I expected.

When I chose my first guitar ever it was purchased as cheaply as we could get it. We were dirt poor, we went to a local music shop and bought the cheapest guitar and amp combo they had. If I recall it was 59 bucks or something in the early 90s. That was a HUGE amount of money for us and I played that little 3/4 guitar to death. After a couple years I was able to get a job and buy my own guitar. Although I had a budget it was flexible.

So this is what I did, and this is my advice. Sit down and work out a realistic budget for a guitar and amp if you need it. 500 bucks, or 5000 bucks it doesn't matter. Sit down in your local guitar store and begin to play each guitar. It doesn't matter if you suck, don't worry about playing through an amp. Just find the guitar that is comfortable in your lap, and the neck is comfortable for you to fret all the way down. Once you find the one you like best, buy it.