Whoever soldered the black wire to back of pot left a huge amount of solder. When i install my pegasus bridge do the wires need to touch back of pot for good connection or can i just heat old solder up and drop wire in it. So i guess im asking if electricity travels through solder?
If solder didn't pass electrical current, then you wouldn't have a computer to ask this question in the first place.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Heat up the old solder and drop the wire in.  It's takes a lot of heat to melt solder to the back of a pot.  That's why there is such a large blob.
It's okay to re-use the old solder, and solder does conduct electricity. The thing to remember is that a good solder connection requires BOTH surfaces to be hot enough to melt the solder. What I suggest is that you "tin" the end of the wire before making the connection. (Heat the end of the wire and melt a little solder into it)  Then, heat the solder on the pot until it melts and insert the wire into the melted blob. Hold the heat long enough for the solder on the wire to melt into the blob. Now you have a good electrical connection. 
Ok so new problem is i took my old pickup out and i have 4 wires red white green and black. Green hooks to 3 way selector while red and white taped off together and black to back of pot. My new pickup has all those wires but an extra metal wire. Where does this go lol
Quote by lon6505
Ok so new problem is i took my old pickup out and i have 4 wires red white green and black. Green hooks to 3 way selector while red and white taped off together and black to back of pot. My new pickup has all those wires but an extra metal wire. Where does this go lol

Generally, bare wires should be connected to ground.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Ok. According to duncan website. Said to twist green and plain wire together which i did. Im getting a humming sound if i wiggle my pickup now
Green wire looks like it was soldered to 3 way switch. Red n brown taped off then black wire soldered back of pot. Thats how they looked before i replaced them
The Seymour Duncan wiring diagrams for a humbucker show black going to the output switch and green going to ground.  Probably work the either way.  But it seems odd that it's wired with the opposite polarity as recommended.
Bare is always ground. For Seymour Duncan pickups, black is hot, green is ground, red & white are the coil links. If you reversed green & black, the pickup will still work, but will be out of phase with other Duncan pickups. If it sounds in phase with the green and black reversed, that means that normally, it would be out of phase but the reversing of those wires cured it. 
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Duncan designed one i pulled out had a green at 3 way switch tab. Red white taped off and black on back of tone pot. No bare wire. So i put green on my invader in the same spot. Black in back of pot in same spot and bare next to black in back of pot
Duncan designed one i pulled out had a green at 3 way switch tab. Red white taped off and black on back of tone pot. No bare wire. So i put green on my invader in the same spot. Black in back of pot in same spot and bare next to black in back of pot. Will this be ok
Duncan designed one i pulled out had a green at 3 way switch tab. Red white taped off and black on back of tone pot. No bare wire. So i put green on my invader in the same spot. Black in back of pot in same spot and bare next to black in back of pot. Will this be ok
It will work.  But if your guitar has multiple pickups you have to make sure they are wired the same way.  Go to the Seymour Duncan website.  They have wiring diagrams for all pickup combinations.  The red and white connect together because the coils are wired in series.  The green should be your ground (i.e. back of pot) and the black should be signal.  But you can get away with reversing them as long as there are no other pickups that might be switched on at the same time.
Ok i have a bridge and neck with 3 way switch. I still have to install bridge pickup today. Can i wire it same way n use both pups?
Yes, providing you have it in phase with the neck pickup. If, when both pickups are on, you get a thin, nasally, weak sound, the pickups are out of phase. Switch the black and green on the duncan (bare still goes to ground). But yes, use the same wiring on the switch. 
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Check your neck pickup and make sure the green is connected to the switch and the black to the back of a pot.  If so then wire the bridge the same way.  If not then wire the bridge the same way.  IOW make sure the bridge and neck are wired the same WRT black and green.