Last month I ordered the new Telecaster Elite from Guitar Center..It came in and I played it in the store and all was fine..(just beartiful-Tobbaco Burst !) I had GC do a set up on it..I picked it up after the set up and the bridge PU did not work..no sound at all..I had a meeting with the store manager and the repair person..and they took the guitar back and ordered a new one..Today..I went to get the new one..NO sound out of the neck pick up this time..I requested for a refund...and the store manager did just that for me and reversed the charge on the set up.I

I am very disappointed in Fenders quality control..and as much as I wanted the guitar I will not go for a third try..but will contact Fender corporate and at least get a recognition that something is wrong with this particular model..On the Guitar Center customer reviews there is a person that posted this exact problem..two Elite model guitars in a row with pickup problems.

Should I get any satisfaction from Fender Corporate it would be a 30 day trial of the "Fixed" guitar..then I may consider a repurchase.
play well

wolf
You got GC to do a setup and you think it's Fender's fault the pickup didn't work?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
You got GC to do a setup and you think it's Fender's fault the pickup didn't work?

gotta agree. GC barbarians are useless. 
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Dude If you think for a moment that fender corporate is going to loan you a guitar for a month you're high. Not going to happen.

There may have been a bad batch it happens. GC likely had a few as they order in bulk. Try a different store or order on line.
I would avoid that store. Especially if u know that git worked perfectly before the set up.. I wouldn't want to take my chances on who has being working on the instruments there.. Learn to set up a guitar on your own too, it's really not difficult. Then you can set everything exactly how you want it.. You can tell someone else that you want low action for example but it depends on your playing style how low you can actually go before the strings start buzzing
Quote by monwobobbo
Dude If you think for a moment that fender corporate is going to loan you a guitar for a month you're high. Not going to happen.

There may have been a bad batch it happens. GC likely had a few as they order in bulk. Try a different store or order on line.

the original order was online..the second guitar was ordered from fender direct...the store had none in stock and only order this model one at a time..not a big call for a Telecaster costing over 2K
play well

wolf
Last edited by wolflen at May 15, 2017,
K33nbl4d3

that might explain the first guitar..but not the second..as it was still in the original shipping box when I came for to pick it up

ok..If the tech did something way out of the ordinary during the set up process..which is minimal..what could have happened that a minor adjustment could not correct..how delicate are the pickups-really
I doubt he took the pickups out for any reason..or played with the wiring or the switches .. there is a customer review on the GC site for this model..and the person has the exact same problem with the pickups..including getting the tech to "somehow got the sound back" only to malfunction again when he got it home..

I have had many guitars in my career..and a lot of transporting them by various methods..cars trucks and a few by air..and some have been dropped others fallen but never a pickup problem after some rough rides and handling..so getting pickups to malfunction "out of the box" so to speak..during a set up procedure, while possible. I doubt that is the cause. If the tech is that incompetent many guitars would have been returned due to his poor work..and I doubt highly he would remain on payroll for long-even GC has standards..low though they may be
play well

wolf
Last edited by wolflen at May 15, 2017,
wolflen
I was mostly just being facetious, but yeah it's not impressive and while it does happen it normally doesn't happen that much
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by monwobobbo

Yes..aware that fender is not a "give away"..so I did get a reply..it said in part.."Im sorry to hear of your problems..and will let our factory team know.."
and that is the best I am going to get from fender corp.

So I will look for another brand.

FYI..not sure if I posted this info..the store was in Los Angeles..NO they did not have any in stock...the first guitar was ordered online .. just delivered to the LA store..the Second guitar was ordered by the store direct FROM fender..
for whatever reason..the store does not stock the Elite..because..?? my guess is-the Problem is KNOWN..and the store does not want to outlay / purchase $ only to have to lose a sale and possible customer..better to blame Fender directly.

In doing research on this I have found several more "bad pickups" reviews on this Elite model..Its sad.
play well

wolf
That's possible, but on the incompetence scale, Fender is maybe a 2 and GC is a strong 10. If Fender is screwing up the pickups on these you can bet they'll rectify it quickly. That doesn't solve your problem now, of course, but they don't mess around where QC is concerned. 

The stock issue is probably because the Elite is brand new, very few stores have many or any in inventory right now. I suspect that by christmas time you'll have a hard time walking into a GC that doesn't have an Elite on the wall, assuming GC is still in business. 
Quote by Roc8995
That's possible, but on the incompetence scale, Fender is maybe a 2 and GC is a strong 10. If Fender is screwing up the pickups on these you can bet they'll rectify it quickly. That doesn't solve your problem now, of course, but they don't mess around where QC is concerned. 

The stock issue is probably because the Elite is brand new, very few stores have many or any in inventory right now. I suspect that by christmas time you'll have a hard time walking into a GC that doesn't have an Elite on the wall, assuming GC is still in business. 

I can only go by my experience..strange as it was...One of the reviews that had Elite pick up problems was on the Fender site and again it was Two guitars..so GC was not an factor in this case,,and it was in 2016...I have used fender many times in my career..but the response from them in this case was poor. If as you say they don't mess around with QC..the person that responded to me..who was also in "direct sales" should have tried to save the sale..he didn't even hint at making one..poor customer relations.. Also in his response he admitted that he found several Elite models with the same problem..so it seems to be a fender problem...So all in all I found 6 quitars with bad pick ups in three reviews and at least one more from fender direct a total of 7 .. just on two sites..

Christmas you say..
play well

wolf
Last edited by wolflen at Jun 3, 2017,
Pickups are very very easy to break if you don't know what you are doing.  It is possible you were just unlucky and got two defective guitars but it is much more likely that the GC "tech" broke the guitars.  If it is a fender issue it's still probably a bad batch from someone new to the job.  Big companies like GC tend to get several of the same guitar often made by the same group of people on the same day in the same factory.  I wouldn't say that the guitar is a bad guitar but it might be wise to get it from a different shop because if you get it from a different shop it will probably not have been made by the same people on the same day as the defective guitars you got.
Not taking any online orders.
CorduroyEW

Ok..yes there are TWO guitars involved--the GC tech only worked on ONE--which in a way set up a control .. first guitar was ordered on line..second guitar was ordered from fender direct...so NO they did not come from the same " batch" ... In fact the Los Angeles store does not have this model in stock..as there is not much call for a 2K+ telecaster.--Both came out of sealed shipping boxes
In searching for additional information / reviews..on two web sites--GC and Fender Corporate..I counted a total of 6 Telecaster Elite models from 3 people..myself included.. with the same problem..Time Period Aug 2016 to April 2017

In contacting Fender direct..their reply was from a person in customer relations / direct sales..who said they were sorry for my problems..but did NOT try to offer to sell me a NEW telecaster..but did tell me that they have "heard of this problem on a couple of the Elite models"...made me wonder why a sales offer was not made -- could it be I may receive yet a third defective guitar..A person in direct sales is not going to at least TRY to sell a 2K+ when they have an interested .. "please make it right" customer..Really?

So to me..this is a Fender problem..and I don't think they are aware or care about it..Should you ever have a fender problem and want to climb the corporate ladder to get it resolved..see how high you get.

I have used Fender guitars and amps over many years so this is very disappointing.
play well

wolf
Last edited by wolflen at Jun 5, 2017,
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Dude, if you're carrying $2K and walking into ANY GC in the Los Angeles area, you're walking into the wrong store.
Wild West is now in Pasadena (literally walking distance from the Pasadena GC) and they have WALLS of those teles. And so much more.

And if you do NOT have at least $2K in your pocket, probably better that you don't walk into that store. It would be like having a KIA budget and taking a test drive in a Ferrari 488. Your perception of the world will not be the same after that.

Disclaimer not required: I've never been a big Fender guy and I don't own stock in the company. On the other hand, they do have a wall of R-series LPs in the $6K range, a bunch of expensive Suhrs, a whole ton of expensive PRS and more. No Junque. No Filler. No Crap. Nothing under a couple of grand. No after-school types blasting Eruption, no kids with their moms, no old dusty tolex-cracking wood-dinged amps, no Special Case Sales. Just really expensive guitars.
Quote by wolflen

Last month I ordered the new Telecaster Elite from Guitar Center.

THIS is the problem.
Quote by wolflen
CorduroyEW

Ok..yes there are TWO guitars involved--the GC tech only worked on ONE--which in a way set up a control .. first guitar was ordered on line..second guitar was ordered from fender direct...so NO they did not come from the same " batch" ... In fact the Los Angeles store does not have this model in stock..as there is not much call for a 2K+ telecaster.--Both came out of sealed shipping boxes
In searching for additional information / reviews..on two web sites--GC and Fender Corporate..I counted a total of 6 Telecaster Elite models from 3 people..myself included.. with the same problem..Time Period  Aug 2016 to April 2017

In contacting Fender direct..their reply was from a person in customer relations / direct sales..who said they were sorry for my problems..but did NOT try to offer to sell me a NEW telecaster..but did tell me that they have "heard of this problem on a couple of the Elite models"...made me wonder why a sales offer was not made -- could it be I may receive yet a third defective guitar..A person in direct sales is not going to at least TRY to sell a 2K+ when they have an interested ..  "please make it right" customer..Really?

So to me..this is a Fender problem..and I don't think they are aware or care about it..Should you ever have a fender problem and want to climb the corporate ladder to get it resolved..see how high you get.

I have used Fender guitars and amps over many years so this is very disappointing.

I must have misread what you said before.  I thought you bought a guitar at GC and exchanged it at GC.   This type of issue is usually due to improper handling of pickups and for it to happen to multiple guitars from multiple batches going to the same person is strange.   It is even more strange for Fender to be so passive about the issue.  
Not taking any online orders.
IDK until you contact Fender customer service directly and give them a chance to make good on the situation it seems unfair to crucify them on a public forum.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
IDK until you contact Fender customer service directly and give them a chance to make good on the situation it seems unfair to crucify them on a public forum.
I know a lot of this thread reads like blode posts, but I'm pretty sure OP says he did do that.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
K33nbl4d3 His original post said he was going to do that, I just suggested he might have done that before he posted.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

It seems the problem is that you bought a guitar from GC and had them set it up, which is probably the source of the bad pickup. I would take Fender's QC over Gibson's any day, so I highly doubt the pickup wasn't working from the factory. Go to GC and raise hell. 
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
It seems the problem is that you bought a guitar from GC and had them set it up, which is probably the source of the bad pickup. I would take Fender's QC over Gibson's any day, so I highly doubt the pickup wasn't working from the factory. Go to GC and raise hell. 

No...bought the guitar from Fender Direct ! had it delivered to GC for pickup..

GC then ordered the second tele from Fender Direct... out of the box--same problem..GC did not set up the second tele it was just delivered to them

bottom line..I received my full refund from Fender..still shopping for a tele
play well

wolf
Last edited by wolflen at Jul 7, 2017,
dumb thread is dumb now.

:deadhorse:
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/