So, i'm planing on buying my first tube amplifier and have been thinking on getting a multi effects unit aswell, my question is: how does the multi-effects unit react with tube, what i mean is, if i use lets say an amp modelling from the effects unit on an tube amp will it sound better as opposed to a transistor?
I don't think i'll be doing that but in case i do it this question just popped in my head.
Hope you can help me!!

Thanks in advance!
If running a decent tube amp you turn off the amp/cab modelling in the MFX unit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
What you're asking oversimplifies and overgeneralizes the scenario far too much for any answer to be helpful.

I would worry more about how the 2 pieces of gear sound to you on their own. And if you like both of them, then you're probably going to like how they both sound together.

Whether or not it'll sound better with a generic, hypothetical transistor amp or a generic, hypothetical tube amp is irrelevant.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
T00DEEPBLUE is dead on regarding the over-generalizations. 

if you want to reiterate the question for more specific it may help.

i personally wouldn't bother with amp sims if you have the proper amp for what you like.

for mod/time based effects MFX can be great for example a line 6 m13 for example.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Just for the record I've run my pod into my amp with amps Sims going and wasn't happy with the results. The whole point of an amp is to get a solid foundation for you tone. I'd skip the Sims and get an overdrive for out front.. time based fx are what multi fx units do best (at leastvtil you get to the higher end ones)
I can't do amp modeling any other way. I. Don't like FRFR or to much of the stereo tone, but with the right tube clean can really give a boost in getting rid of any digital signature. Modeling has come a long way since my XTLive, but still needs a tube in the mix for me. You may however need to try a variety of tubes and an EQ is helpful. The upside is having a better modeling amp then most of what can be had today.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
T00DEEPBLUE I See what you mean... Btw i have amorrrr question, i'm aware that some effects sound terribly diferent if used before ou after the effects loop, so when using a multi effects as individual pedals should i run them all in front of the amp or all in the effects loop?
Quote by gongas2001
T00DEEPBLUE I See what you mean... Btw i have amorrrr question, i'm aware that some effects sound terribly diferent if used before ou after the effects loop, so when using a multi effects as individual pedals should i run them all in front of the amp or all in the effects loop?

Rule of thumb is time-based effects (delay/reverb) go in the loop so you don't distort the repeats when playing with gain. Modulation (chorus/flanger/phaser/vibrato/vibe) is common in the effects loop before the time-based ones.
However, this is usually more of a preference as a lot of people prefer them prior to gain (me personally). Most people will generally agree with something similar to this this:

Wah - Compressor - Pitch Shifter - Filter (wah) - Modulation - Gain (od/dist/fuzz) - Modulation - Delay - Reverb

Your amp will fall in the Gain category if it's breaking up. If it's clean and you're getting your gain from pedals, then you can plug everything directly into it. Keep in mind that these aren't set rules and it's all up to what you prefer.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
When I first started working with a Pod XT, I sort of simultaneously discovered Tom King's Atomic Reactor series of amps. 
The amps were essentially oversized speaker cabinets with a single 12" or dual 12" speaker, a tube power amp (either EL84 or 6L6) of either 18 or 50W, and a hot-swappable Bay that was configurable for about four different modelers, including the M-Audio black box, plus Vox, Behringer and Line 6 Pod. All connections including power were internal, and the Pod became the preamp of a combo amp. Walk in, plug the amp into the wall and the guitar into the amp and go. The speaker is a 200W Eminence designed (according to Tom) to have a wide frequency response, and the cabinets were closed back and ported to maximize bottom end response. 

The idea was that the tube power amp would "warm up and smooth" the digital modelers. I eventually wired a tweeter into them to add high-end response, and noted this to Tom. It was interesting that the second generation of these powered speakers (without the hot-swappable bay) also added a tweeter to all models, but just as probable that he discovered the benefits of the extended range before I did. 

I leave amps and cabs turned on for these cabinets, and have found that you can use amps and cabs with other amps, but that you'll want to do some tweaking, rather than running them as is. FX are unaffected. 
evening_crow thanks for the info!!
If im using a single fx unit How can i put some of the effects in front of the amp and some in the fx loop? I am not able to do that, am i?
gongas2001

Depends if your multieffects has an effects loop built into it. If so:

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.