If you have met any Youtube guitarist, whether it'd be any who's made original songs or any that just play covers, what's the story you would like to tell?
Met one?
*chuckles*
*puts on aviators*
I am one.
Gonna have to ask you to refrain from orgasming.
B|
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 14, 2017,
I have a youtube 

But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Yeah, I know this guy from work. Nice guy. He also plays the banjo. Tried to sell him my Cordoba, but the action on that thing was at least 1/4" and he passed Also, I know LewDite pretty well, he's a Canadian named John Parsons. Real sweetheart of a guy. He's an old guy who plays everything. 

Quote by Hydra150
I have a youtube 

nice painting/print. can really focus on all the details
Check out my band Disturbed
Yeah, my friend Ben's roommate Alistair does various acoustic covers and has several hundred thou hits on some of his vids, he's mental:

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by StewieSwan
nice painting/print. can really focus on all the details
thanks
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Oh yeah, I forgot I did stuff too

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Last edited by EpiExplorer at May 15, 2017,
everyone here is YouTube/SoundCloud/bedroom guitarist, myself included

https://soundcloud.com/dankhwaja/window-dreaming-prod-95dank

probably only a couple of you know "finowa", but he does really badass guitar and vocal covers on the tube, he has like 35,000 subs, and he commented on one of my covers, very cool

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Pastafarian96
Please link please please please

I mean, I never said I was good

I've just been posting some clawhammer tunes as I attempt to learn them

https://www.instagram.com/p/BItRu5GASxA/?taken-by=qmuzak

https://www.instagram.com/qmuzak/

Upcoming: the Blarney Pilgrim, Red Haired Boy, Drowsy Maggie
Last edited by Duaneclapdrix at May 15, 2017,
I used to hang out with Rob Chapman occasionally.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
i am one of the best guitarists on youtube (i posted the best little wing cover/guitar performance on youtube at the age of 15)

;
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Duaneclapdrix
I mean, I never said I was good

I've just been posting some clawhammer tunes as I attempt to learn them

https://www.instagram.com/p/BItRu5GASxA/?taken-by=qmuzak

https://www.instagram.com/qmuzak/

Upcoming: the Blarney Pilgrim, Red Haired Boy, Drowsy Maggie

We could totally jam Cripple Creek
Fine, since everyone else is doing it, here's my latest thing.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Fine, since everyone else is doing it, here's my latest thing.

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I met Jrcsgtpeppers once in a Walmart parking lot
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Quote by Guitar137335
I met Jrcsgtpeppers once in a Walmart parking lot

Was he handing out flyers for his customized scales and arpeggios seminar?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

k.lainad  Not quite

He was praticing Scales and arpeggios in the back of he's Moms pickup truck while she was shopping.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Well I have been caught playing guitar on several YT videos so I guess I am one.  I don't do guitar tutorials tho.  Also spent the day With Robben Ford in one of his master classes.  He has a ton of online tutorials including dozens of YT.  Spent a couple of days with YT phenom Herman Li from Dragon Force where I was the teacher and he was the student (not guitar).  Performed a few shows with Oz Fox of Stryper who also does a lot of online instructional vids.

All just down to earth regular dudes who happen to be very good on their chosen instrument and it has taken them far.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Well i once posted some clean slow bluesy stuff to hear a pickup comparison but never recorded my new pickup sound.

I guess since we're all posting ourselves

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
The whole YouTube star thing is pretty funny. I'm 35. None of this stuff existed when I was young and I have several hobbies. I'm a better weightlifter than I am a guitarist and still find it funny there is "YouTube fitness celebrities". At least playing guitar is a performance so it makes more sense but watching someone lift weights at the gym is like watching someone practicing scales.....who the hell wants to watch this crap? I don't get it, but it's a thing. I actually met one "YouTube fitness personality" at a satriani concert. LoL. I only started watching guitarists on YouTube recently though.
I'm one of the early guys, I started my channel as Creepingnet in 2006, I only ever met two fans IRL, one was the best man at my wedding after following my channel for years, we're still in touch, the other was a dude I met in front of Swedish Medical Center while I was on my way to pub night after parking my car.  Kind of cool considering I made my channel just for fun.

What's funny is my channel was originally my retro-computing hobby channel, as that's the name I use for that, but I decided to post ONE guitar video as the first video to test things out and test the waters, and well.....I got a positive response, so it became more of an anything-goes sort of place where I post whatever crazy stuff I was working on at the time (when I had time to video tape all that).  These days I don't have a lot of time to post videos, just too busy with married life, and hopefully soon the band again.  

I look at it now and am a bit intimidated by Youtube now as a guitarist.  So many guys have such higher production quality and are so much less socially autistic than I am that I sometimes ponder making videos even for fun and think "what's the point" because I've been away for too long and don't have the time to really create long, detailed, albeit a bit fumbly and grainy videos like I used to.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Last edited by Mad-Mike_J83 at May 17, 2017,
Met Andy from ProGuitarShop, he's actually one of the nicest guys I've ever met. We went to a bar and let's just say this, his ability to get into the panties of the women at that bar was on par with his ability to convince people to buy the gear he demos. 
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
I was hoping you fucked him tbh. 
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
nickolie2095 I was working part time at the five and dime.  My boss was Mr. McGee.  He told me several times that he didn't like my kind.  Cause I was a bit too leisurely.
Quote by whoomit
M00NAGEDAYDREAM
thank u

do u have ne moar tips!!!

I'm glad you asked! I made a video in which the technique can be used for singing metal!

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story