https://clyp.it/egtlxmr1

at 0:06 seconds from this audio clip , this very distinguable high pitch sound ... i usually have pretty good ears but i'm not familiar enough with guitar techniques yet to know what is going on there , i would say it's probably a pinch harmonic + something else ? maybe a string bend ?

I would appreciate if you guys could tell me what note is being played there and how (Pinch harmonic E to F half step string bend maybe ?) , i'm really curious to know.

Thanks !
Last edited by Cassandra_Kitty at May 15, 2017,
Sounds like a pinched harmonic combined with a bend to me, but it could be a pure fluke and nobody will ever be able to work out what happened there.
Was that you playing, then?

I've done that: played something and then couldn't remember how I played it, usually through a surfeit of alcohol.  I did one solo I was really proud of while recording, but I'd had a few beers.  I couldn't for the life of me remember how to play it, no matter how many times I listened back.  Next rehearsal the guys wanted to play the new song, but I kept stalling because I was too embarrassed to admit I couldn't play it.  Eventually they insisted and when it came to the solo I just played it.  I looked down and realised I'd played it two frets up from where I thought I had - all a glorious drunken mistake!
Screaming Dave I wish !   ... but no hehe i'm relatively new to guitar i've only been playing for a 5-6 months my blind guess of what that sound was happened to be a lot more accurate than i thought it seems like that's what i meant by that.
It sounds like someone fat fingered a pinch and bent the hell out of it. It worked though.
Quote by Screaming Dave
Sounds like a pinched harmonic combined with a bend to me, but it could be a pure fluke and nobody will ever be able to work out what happened there.

yeah sometimes it's a fluke.

if i had to guess and put my money on what it is, i'd say "semi-harmonic"- where both the harmonic and the original note ring out together.

i.e. a pinch harmonic that either hasn't been executed quite properly or else a very deliberate attempt to get a semi-harmonic (delete as applicable depending on playing and/or lying skill level).

EDIT: it also sounds a bit like a strat, with not a ton of distortion- that might also help to make it a semi-harmonic rather than a full one, as it'll make the margin of error in hitting the harmonic smaller/make it easier to deliberately get a semi-harmonic (again, delete as applicable depending on playing and/or lying skill level ).

Quote by BeefDrapes
It sounds like someone fat fingered a pinch and bent the hell out of it. It worked though.

I know I was being a bit cynical above, but that was pretty badass playing- I wouldn't be surprised if it were deliberate.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 16, 2017,