My surf green Affinity Strat is coming next week, and I am putting in an angled humbucker, similar to the BJ guitar.

When converting from SSS to HSS, what should I know? One thing I am uncertain about is the switching. Will the 4th switch be single coil-humbucker?

Or do i have to change the whole switch pattern?

THANK YOU
That all depends on whether you get a two wire or four wire humbucker and how you decide to wire it up.

I guess the easiest would be to do a straight swap with no splitting. Seymour Duncan suggest this. Or this with splitting.

Or you could do some Google research for 5-way HSS diagrams and pick one you like the look of.
Quote by powerhouse135
von Layzonfon thanks very much. also, do you any good pedal I can pair this strat with for a early green day/bad brains tone?

thank you

Depends on your amp buddy.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Starting from the understanding that T00DEEPBLUE is completely right...

According to this article, BJA's sound is mostly down to a couple of modified 1959 Marshall SLPs. Assuming you're not going to run to that expense, you'll have to try and find a pedal that tries to sound like one of those. A quick search turned up the one below, but remember you never really know if a pedal's going to be any good for you until put into your own rig. Go to some shops and try some things. Remember to keep the gear you test with similar to what you already own. Don't go testing a prospective pedal with a two grand full stack if all you have at home is a 15W 10" combo.

Enjoy the lilting Scottish brogue...

Some things to note not mentioned.  You may possibly need to open up the bridge humbucker cavity to mount the humbucker at an angle. You will also want to get a regular non F/trem spaced humbucker for the pole pieces will lineup properly.    
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at May 16, 2017,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
You will also want to get a regular non F/trem spaced humbucker for the pole pieces will lineup properly.    

...or one that uses rails instead of poles, and oversized poles might work, too.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Well, because of the cheap gear, I'm thinking of buying a Boss Katana 50, sounds pretty good. But I don't have any humbucker brand in mind.

This is a cheap setup I would say, SO i wouldnt want to spoil the fun with expensive seymour duncans or dimarzios. Recommend me some cheap humbuckers!
Golden Age from STEWMAC, Wilkinson and Tesla are the least expensive pickup brands I'd buy. All decent quality.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!