I'm in the market for a Telecaster and my genres are mainly classic hard rock, garage rock and punk. The main prerequisite here is a bridge humbucker. I've narrowed it down to the 72 Deluxe (MIM) which has two humbuckers (not sure what kind though), and the USA Professional which has a Zebra on the bridge. I've played a dual humbucker Tele at my local GC and I quite liked it, but I have yet to come across these two models. I'm more inclined to think that the USA Professional is more versatile due to the neck single coil, but is the bridge pickup as good as the one on the '72? It also bears noting that the 72 Deluxe is on the higher end of the MIM spectrum, is it on par with the USA professional, which is on the low end of the MIA spectrum?
1) Do you have a suitable amp?

2) Have you considered buying the Tele you tried and liked, and possibly upgrading the pickups?*

3) Have you considered Teleclones with similar configurations from other builders, like G&L or ESP? (Some of them come with fairly high output pickups.)

* a relatively high-output P90 may be even better suited to your goals, and several winders make them in HB sizes.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
1) A Fender Mustang III
2) It was a pretty low end MIM Tele, and I'm looking to go for either a high end MIM or low end MIA. My budget is up to about $1000
3) Not really, but I've considered buying a standard Tele and sticking an SD Hot Rail on the bridge.
Well your amp looks to be up to the task.

Theoretically, the Hot Rail idea should work.

FWIW, here are some HB-sized P90 demo vids (heavy)

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!