I am wanting to start making cover videos on YouTube. I will soon be getting a new computer that I can record and edit on.
My question is, how would I switch between a Clean and distorted channel mid-song? Bat country by avenged sevenfold is what made me think of this as it has the clean chorus.
The programs that I will be using are FL studio and guitar rig 5.
2 takes and splice them together in editing.  I am not much of a video editor but I did this once and it worked.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
If you are planning on hitting record and doing the whole thing in one take while filming it, which I personally wouldn't, you can just stick Guitar Rig 5 on the distorted setting and play the entire song with distortion. Then you can take the DI that you recorded of your performance and put it on a new track with a clean channel. Then print the audio from your DAW, mute the original audio from your video recording and put this one over the top.
Multiple takes, or just use a footswitch with your amp.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!