Hello people.

I'm drinking a mate while playing guitar, as I always do (no, I'm not drinking a friend...). For those who don't know what mate is, it's a common drink in Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, South of Brasil and other parts of South America. It's basically water with herbs.

So, the mate is made up of 5 things: The thermo, the bulb, the yerba mate (herbs), the hot water, and the mate; The herbs are harvested from the ground, they get cleaned, and then they get packed and distributed to markets. The bulbs are usually made of metal, they go inside the mate and let you drink the water without choking with the herb. The thermo keeps the water hot (duh) and the mate is where everything goes and what lets you drink. Mate can go with sugar or without sugar (bitter).

Usually, people drinks mate at early morning and at dusk, but there's no actual time to drink it. It's usually accompanied with salad or sweet food, like cookies or a piece of bread with butter.

This is how a mate looks like

So, would you drink that? If you wont, would you drink a terere instead?

A terere is basically the same as a mate, but the hot water is replaced with cold juice. People (mostly young) drink this in summer. The juice can be of any flavour, but the most common is orange juice. It's almost exclusively done with powdered juice, since that way is cheaper, lasts longer (a single packet of powdered juice works with like 2 liters of water) and that way the effect of the herbs in the flavour can be noticed.

So, Obama and the Pope drink mate, would you do it?

How does this thing Works ??!?!
So it's like tea?

Sounds good to me.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I have some Yerba m8 somewhere but I haven't tried jt

How best add alcohol?
Roasted Mate is the best

both in the tea way and in the top banter way
Check out my band Disturbed
Herbs
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Necroheadbanger
I'm drinking a mate while playing guitar, as I always do (no, I'm not drinking a friend...).]
Shame on you, dashing theogonia777's hopes and dreams like that.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I thought this thread was going to be about some weird form of cannibalism

I'd drink that drink
I have nothing important to say
yeah sure it looks alright, guessing it's pretty much just a different way of drinking tea.

Quote by JackSaints
I thought this thread was going to be about some weird form of cannibalism

I'd drink that drink

I thought it was gonna be about watersports (no thnx) or semen consumption.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Yesssss fuckin YES bro, i am from syria and we drink Mette there all the time (we pronounce it meh-tee) and it's some good shit bro. mad love cousin enjoy that shit.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
i'd drink them if it meant i could inherit the throne of a weird desert planet from them
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Soy Argentino y naci y vivo en  Capital federal  y no tomo mate pero estoy tomando  te verde con almendras y semillas trituradas de chia y leche en polvo . en el desayuno y aveces por la tarde.  Acompañado de pan con queso descremado.   Me sacia el hambre un poco , trato de cuidar la salud.
¿ Vos de donde sos ??  ¿ que te motivo a preguntar esto ??  
Fuera de America del sur probablemente algun barrio latino o suramericano en alguna parte del mundo  tomaran mate .
Quote by gonzaw
I'm from Uruguay and hate mate lol (so bitter). I don't like tea either, so maybe there's something wrong with me
Yeah it gives me nausea-chunderbelly (why I put a Mr. Yuk)
Quote by K33nbl4d3
i'd drink them if it meant i could inherit the throne of a weird desert planet from them

What if that was true, but in the interim you had to be Baron Harkonnen's body servant for 15 years? 
Rosamonte is my brand. I have used Mate (with a bomija) while playing. I was born in Buenos Aires, and raised in Canada.

Quote by TobusRex
What if that was true, but in the interim you had to be Baron Harkonnen's body servant for 15 years? 
idk i haven't read dune since my iron maiden phase which was some time ago now but it sounds like a pretty bad course of action so i guess in that case i would not drink my mate
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
Quote by K33nbl4d3
?? Futurama reference??
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
?? Futurama reference??
thanks for crying out a correct answer
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan